• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Taking apart secondary with-out tool?

low slung

TY 4 Stroke Master
Can you take apart the secondary on a warrior and put it back together without the use of a spring-compression tool?There don,t seem to be to much tension on the spring.Does it need to be rotated as it is being pressed together in order to line up the bolt holes?

low slung said:
Can you take apart the secondary on a warrior and put it back together without the use of a spring-compression tool?
Absolutely

There don,t seem to be to much tension on the spring.Does it need to be rotated as it is being pressed together in order to line up the bolt holes?
Depending on which holes you use, The hole in the Helix Plus the hole in the hub = the deg.....Example /Holes 6 & 2 = 80 Deg Twist. You do need to turn the outer face of the secondary the opposite way to get it to preload/twist so it will work.

secondary

Yeah, I've had to take my buddy's apart on the trail when he blew is belt and the cords got tied up in the secondary. It's very simple, especially when compared to a Doo secondary.

Thanks BH,plan on marking the spring location on the face of the helix with a paint marker so i will know its original location.How would i hold the helix down while i take the nuts off,is the tension enough to pop of the cover with great speed?Plan on picking up the parts at the dealer which are in now,but they are really busy.Going to call the dealer tomorrow to see if they can squeeze me in to get the secondary fixed.Great to know i have the option of fixing this myself.I will keep you guys posted on what route i go.

Honestly, if your smooth and don't shake/rattle/and roll the secondary when removing the bolts it shouldn't even pop up on you due to the fact that the torsional load is greater then the compression load. Just keep a hand on it while you are unbolting, you'll be fine. Also wear some decent gloves as there is some flash on the shives left from casting and it can cut you up pretty bad. Don't know what your planning on doing in there but if your going to change the buttons I would sugget the OEM one. Yeah it sucks that they are $3-$4 a piece but I can tell you from expirence that the kimpex or cheapy ones didn't last two rides and a tower ended up breaking.

Dealer told me to show up early tomorrow to have it fixed,the only problem so far is that its snowing like CRAZY now.Roads could be blocked tomorrow.

Good news guys,got to WISEMANS sales and service in Shoal harbour this morning and they hooked me up with the new clutch parts.Great service and by this afternoon my warrior was rolling again.Hope to make a ride in april happen,as long as the rain gods hold off.Thanks guys for the input.

Back