• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Team Fast 136" M20 - 2011+ Apex XTX (Version 1.0)

Doug, if you decide to do this upgrade my son has a 136" M 20 with the compressor sitting in my garage I think he wants to sell. Looks like new. Let me know if you are interested. Ray

Excellent write up Northernsledder, and excellent work as well. ;)! (Wish I had half the talent)

Currently thinking about an M10 or 20 for my 08 Vector 121, but I am curious if all the fab work you did installing your skid will also be required on mine?

I was hoping it would be a direct bolt in so I am surprised to see the amount of extra work you had to do, especially the brackets, in order to install it. (If I read everything correctly?)

Irv said:
Excellent write up Northernsledder, and excellent work as well. ;)! (Wish I had half the talent)

Currently thinking about an M10 or 20 for my 08 Vector 121, but I am curious if all the fab work you did installing your skid will also be required on mine?

I was hoping it would be a direct bolt in so I am surprised to see the amount of extra work you had to do, especially the brackets, in order to install it. (If I read everything correctly?)
It will bolt in a lot easyer in your vector. ;)!

I'll be home in a few days...I've been real busy! :Rockon:

Last edited:
Enjoy your well deserved time away. I am heading out tonight to get in 1 last ride with my son and his new to him sled.

Soldier'spapa said:
Thank you for the excellent writeup's and your willingness to share your work with others!

I think I will be fitting my SE with the M-20 over the summer and possibly the ski shocks too. I will likely reference this thread often. I love having suspension adjustability at my finger tips so I will also include the onboard compressor.

I'm intrigued by your plans to plumb and wire the fronts. I have a couple questions regarding these plans though... I'm wondering if the additional air volume provided by the hoses running to the ski shocks will effect their ride characteristics enough to make a difference? Obviously the system has been tried and true for the rear air bag but I have not yet seen any feedback from such an endeavor with the fronts. I do recall that those that added a compressor system to the Mega Float found the added air volume to adversely effect the ride. Is this the reason for the solenoids plumbed inline for each individual front shock and not simply using one before the "T"? I'm assuming you run identical pressures in the fronts.

Thanks in advance!
Hello Doug,
Sorry for the delay. I was on vacation and didn't have access to a descent computer to give you guys a good reply. I wasn't seeing real clear for a few days anyway...lol!

Would you stay with a 128" track or go up to a 136"?

The biggest problem I had with my installation, was removing the stock rear drop brackets to make way for the M20. The stock brackets support the muffler and give the tunnel strength, but they're in the way and have to be modified to make room. I could have removed material from my stock drop brackets (second pic) and re-used them, but I chose to make a replacement altogether.

Also, be cautious running studs with this suspension. I have less than 1/2" of clearance between my track lugs and tunnel protectors. That's awfully close to the Exup! (see pic) My tunnel protector mounting brackets are even smashed a little from the old skid and track. I speak on behalf of a 2011+ Apex. This may not be the case on a pre 2011.

As far connecting my front shocks into the system, that might be a mistake...lol! I should leave it alone, but I'm going to give it a shot this summer. I will run identical air pressure in each shock, but they need to be separated by two solenoids instead of one. This way air pressure from one shock will not transfer to the other. I think that would be a very negative effect on the trail. The airline for each shock past the solenoid will be less than 24" long, so I'm hoping that extra air volume in the line will not impact their performance in a negative way.

The Team Fast front shocks are nice, but since your SE already has Fox Floats, I'd run them the first year and see how you get along. I think Smoothride and Yamahatd both use Floats with their M20's and are very satisfied.

Keep us posted on a purchase if you make one. I will help you out if I can.

Thanks for the comments!

M20 clearance.jpg
Stock XTX drop brackets.jpg

Last edited:
Irv said:

Thanks Irv! Sorry for the delay.

Like Smoothride said, an installation on your '08 Vector would not need all the tunnel brackets I made. Talk to Brian at Fast to be sure, but you should be able to re-use and re-locate your stock drop brackets with the template that Fast supplies. 90% of what I made for my Apex probably wasn't necessary. On the other hand, however, I wanted to make sure there was plenty of meat to support everything.

If you do decide on a Fast skid, I will honestly recommend the M20 Platinum spec with one rear air shock. It just works better on the trail and has better weight transfer than the M10 at takeoff. I also believe the Ripsaw II helped with this.

I'll be glad to help you if I can. ;)!

yamahatd said:
Enjoy your well deserved time away. I am heading out tonight to get in 1 last ride with my son and his new to him sled.
I'm jealous! How was your ride? I saw New England was getting a winter storm again the other day. I can't believe winter went by as fast as it did!

smoothride said:
I don't see wrenches turning on the tractors.lol
;):D Just keeping the Mrs happy! ;)!

Way to go," Happy Wife, Happy Life" ;)! You are a wise Man!!

Agman 57 said:
Way to go," Happy Wife, Happy Life" ;)! You are a wise Man!!
LOL! When mom is happy, we're all happy!

I'll be honest, it really tore me up to head south! You guys all left for the Munising ride the same day I left. Then everyone kept posting how awesome the trails were, etc. :o| I really wanted to go up there, but duty called.

Glad you guys had a good time. Maybe next time for me.

Riding was great in Western Maine. Raining when I left this morning. 133 miles with my 14yr old son

yamahatd said:
Riding was great in Western Maine. Raining when I left this morning. 133 miles with my 14yr old son
That's great! There is nothing I enjoy more than riding with my son. He's just now getting big enough to handle my Vector by himself.

What sled did your son get?

Back