• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TecBulletin S2014-001 Reverse Actuator Extension Update Kit

I can't remember Yamaha ever coming out with a fix so quick. Maybe this joint venture with Arctic Cat is a good thing.

yamaha didnt come up with the fix. Yamaha is not at the AC plant anymore. AC came up with it.

Some yanmi dealers might not have the part yet but you can buy it at AC dealers. I'll post up a How to post tomorrow. Wanted to ride and didn't install mine this weekend.

Yup, Mine is on there

Called in today, dealer is ordering parts and will call me when they are in. Wondering how long this will take....

apexgt40 said:
yamaha didnt come up with the fix. Yamaha is not at the AC plant anymore. AC came up with it.

Yes, I knew that. It's something that Yamaha could learn from AC.

Just tried to schedule the update, dealer said part is not available until March 10th, WTF!!!

Are people having problems when just riding along or is it only when you try to use reverse? I have to figure out what I'm going to do, I ride big country in Maine and can't afford to be stranded in the middle of nowhere. :o| :o| :o|

For you terminator go to a cat dealer and spend the $20 on the part and put it in. If I was actively riding that is what I would do.

DeerHuntr said:
For you terminator go to a cat dealer and spend the $20 on the part and put it in. If I was actively riding that is what I would do.

Not sure its that easy, my dealer is both Yammi and Cat . . . .

My dealer emailed ME this morning with the bulletin. She's already ordered the parts for me. She did however say that parts would be delayed.

I have not had mine pop out of gear. I'm around 1100 miles now.

Just talked to my dealer and he told me that Yamaha is telling them that parts could be thin due tot eh number of sleds sitting in shops currently waiting for the fix. When they asked for timing the rep told them anywhere from two days to four weeks depending on the initial rush of orders that they are anticipating.

Terminator said:
Just tried to schedule the update, dealer said part is not available until March 10th, WTF!!!

Now that sounds more like Yamaha.

My dealer called me back today and told me they would have the parts by the end of next week. I already have a appointment scheduled for the fix. I would keep pressure on your dealer. They are obviously available already.

Back