• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Testing Results 1/22/09 Turbo RX1

onestopjim said:
Ted Jannetty said:
I didn't get to read the post but I did hear about it.

All I can Say is I have Lost All Respect for you Jim.

I have been Nothing but respectful of you and your business have never spoken a single negative word toward you or your workmanship.

Now I know where we stand.

See you at Lake Morey Man To Man.

its one thing to say I went testing this what I did, but to make claims to be the fastest, quickest stock sled and put that in your sig, is what bothers me to many performance shops make claims of how fast or big hp numbers with out real prove just cuz you say it dont make it true, Ted I am sure you can do what you say but I know what this all about and
I am looking out for the readers of this forum.

LOOK AT D&D this past summer big hp claims, back yard times of 3.90
and show up to 4 race events and never ran what they claimed they could as a matter of fact I dont think they ever made a pass with out breaking this what makes me very upset, mean while the consumer buys all there JUNK

Ted you make claims about stock this, stock chassis , 726 pounds
what does this all mean??????? is there some special class for you or what, your sled has all prostock lite weight parts, gutted gas tank your a outlaw promod sled you have to race in our class, I dont know what your thinking or what your tring to make these readers think.

you and I race in the same class at goldenchilds

Ted I am sure you a great guy, and I am sorry if I offend you.. BUT I have to speak my mind..

Your welcome to speak your mind but you can do it with respect.

Now I will speak mine.

You think your protecting the readers, Heres a News flash!

These guys on this board are not as Dumb As YOU Think They Are.

Yeah your the fastest but Who Cares, you bring a Dragster to race against Factory chassis and your a hero! Woooo

Take away 200 horsepower and add 150 lb. and try and get in the 4s.

Not everyone has the budget to spend 50,000 on a sled to win a stupid 5 dollar trophy and a few sponsor dollars that won't even cover the travel expenses.

I have a total of 25, 000 dollars in my sled including the New Purchase Price, of 10,500 back in Aug of 02

It is a Factory Stock Engine in and OEM chassis with some light weight parts, and My Trubo kit, and original Carburators.

You couldn't get it done with these parts and had to resort to money and lots of it, to get in to the 4s I did it with Brains and Hard work and this bugs you.

You feel threatened by my accomplishments, and I for the life of me don't see why, you run a dragster I run a door car, we may fit in ONE of the same classes but we are still Very Different Machines, Mine fits in 5 classes, yours fits in one Your Class.

Mine came From Yamaha and My hard work yours came from your shop and lots of other peoples Money.

OHH! You didn't know I knew that?

You call your sleds full body Snowmobiles, Well Come Smomobiling then, You need a cool down cart and and a team of guys to run your sled.

If the Trails are Flat I can ride mine until I run out of gas without shutting it off, I can go rounds without shutting it off or opening the hood and NO Computer.

I can go on and on but there is no point, You don't Like Me I get It and Until this BULL I respected you NOW ????

Well all I can say is good work Ted and good work to Jim as well and I agree that the 2 sleds are in different classes. I also agree that the 726lbs is still very light. I run in 800 imp stock and my class is 775lbs. so for you to get your 4 stroke down to that weight is impressive... I guess If I put a light driver I could be down there too with my 800...lol.. But guys don't get caught up in the internet war of words. As for the every day average Joe the vote has to go to Ted. a real world sled that can be done to any of our trail sleds. Ted I also want to thank you for helping out of the forum and helping me personally.

LOL.These guys with performance shops are worse than car salesmen.Mines the best this is the fastest, I build the toughest engines he doesnt know anything, everybody getting results from sleaving or decking but slammin others cause they figure their way is the only way.Getting harder everyday to buy parts for our sleds because we have to figure out who is makin who look bad to promote what they are selling.I dont think racing would have ever evolved if there was only one guy that could go fast.

claims will always be just that. race results is who gets my money! good luck to both.

Ted Jannetty said:
Finally got out testing yesterday with the New Proline 2009 144 ice suspension.

This is the only change from last year and solved our wheelie problem.

We had Less than Ideal Conditions, the Track was pretty bumpy with hard ice covered with patches of frozen snow.

Now that we are able to use the power we always had sitting in wait

My Son Teddy Piloted my Turbo RX1 to a 4.91 ET with a 1.16 60 ft. in 660 ft.

We will continue to work on the combination, there is a 4.8 there for the getting with better Ice conditions.

For those who don't know, this is Still the original 4000+ Mile Unopened Engine in the Stock Chassis at 726 lbs with rider.

Special thanks to STM for building such a great clutch.

ALL I knowz is..that if u can please my bud,Scott N. and having improved his heavy #*$&@ Rx1 to the levels of your personal rocket..well u have done the impossible.(!) ..Kudos. ;)!

turbort said:
claims will always be just that. race results is who gets my money! good luck to both.

It is NOT a Claim, it is a FACT, I have a 1500.00 set of timers, I use a tape measure to lay them out very carfully, I set the sled 5 inches off the beam as I do at a race, and have plenty of witnesses to back it up.

Who is to say that a Sanctioning bodies tape measure is any better than mine.

I would not Cheat myself just for a bogus number.

Last year I ran a 5.20 in testing on my timers and went to a sanctioned race and ran a 5.11, go figure.

Ted, good job, that thing is flying! It is too bad one of the fastest guys in the the sport is such a jerk. I did not see Jim's first post, but I saw the last one. To come on to a thread that has nothing to do with him and call two fellow entusiasts liars is just mind boggling.

hallnracing said:
Ted, good job, that thing is flying! It is too bad one of the fastest guys in the the sport is such a jerk. I did not see Jim's first post, but I saw the last one. To come on to a thread that has nothing to do with him and call two fellow entusiasts liars is just mind boggling.

gotta keep you guys on your toes .. and yes I am a big A hole ..thats nothing new you already knew that...

Ted Jannetty said:
turbort said:

It is NOT a Claim, it is a FACT, I have a 1500.00 set of timers, I use a tape measure to lay them out very carfully, I set the sled 5 inches off the beam as I do at a race, and have plenty of witnesses to back it up.

Who is to say that a Sanctioning bodies tape measure is any better than mine.

I would not Cheat myself just for a bogus number.

Last year I ran a 5.20 in testing on my timers and went to a sanctioned race and ran a 5.11, go figure.

that was not about your time ,thats not what i meant. ill just shut up !

bobd1950 said:
Ted Jannetty said:
Finally got out testing yesterday with the New Proline 2009 144 ice suspension.

This is the only change from last year and solved our wheelie problem.

We had Less than Ideal Conditions, the Track was pretty bumpy with hard ice covered with patches of frozen snow.

Now that we are able to use the power we always had sitting in wait

My Son Teddy Piloted my Turbo RX1 to a 4.91 ET with a 1.16 60 ft. in 660 ft.

We will continue to work on the combination, there is a 4.8 there for the getting with better Ice conditions.

For those who don't know, this is Still the original 4000+ Mile Unopened Engine in the Stock Chassis at 726 lbs with rider.

Special thanks to STM for building such a great clutch.

ALL I knowz is..that if u can please my bud,Scott N. and having improved his heavy #*$&@ Rx1 to the levels of your personal rocket..well u have done the impossible.(!) ..Kudos. ;)!

You are right on!!!! Scotty's sled screws!!!
My wife is still trying to get the stains out of my underwear! :moon:

onestopjim said:
hallnracing said:

gotta keep you guys on your toes .. and yes I am a big A hole ..thats nothing new you already knew that...

well onestop u say dd sells junk did you ever pay them for the bounced checks u gave them?? waht a business man.

hallnracing said:

Thanks,,,, Glenn, Right?

I don't know you, but I hear Nothing but Great things about you and your accomplishments , hard work and dedicaton to the sport, and I am way over on the East Coast.

I heard a song a few times, Something about True Colors always show through.

Great job Ted!!, its sad when someone feels the need to run you down to try and make themselves look better. jeff

Back