• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

That Itch Just Costed me $$$$$

Tricky Nick

Going Vertical
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper MTX 162 Turbo
Back up sled AC M7
Against the suggestion from my dealer and others not to go I had to test out the new sled. I was very impressed with the sleds performance up until that DAMN rock. 7 miles on the sled and $$$ in the hole. I know, I know I'm a dumbass:o|. Biggest problem is with the sled being so new parts are going to be hard to track down mostly the rail

20141115_115220_zps70ab14be.jpg

20141115_115252_zpsef777875.jpg

You can't really see it but there is a hair line crack in the chain case
20141114_135147_zpsfb8184cc.jpg

Oh #*$&@.. Replacement for an insurance company?

Oh #*$&@.. Replacement for an insurance company?

No looking at parts listed from 2014 models it looks to be around $400 in parts. Hardest thing is going to be the rail being a new profile specific to the MTX

No looking at parts listed from 2014 models it looks to be around $400 in parts. Hardest thing is going to be the rail being a new profile specific to the MTX

Dangit! Sorry to hear that man. I'm not gonna say I told you so but once again, dangit! Rob called me and said he's on the search to get you fixed up and riding again. Hope it ran awesome for you, I can't wait to get back and get some more miles on them, as long as we get more snow first!

Your voice was the first thing I heard in my head after it happened. :(

Bummer. Hopefully you can get that thing back together soon!

Somebody is parting out a Viper on Ebay. Without that I would put Cat rails on and drill an additional hole to be able to move the lower skid shock mount. Can't tell you how happy we are with ours.

Wow, looking at that again I would think you are lucky it didn't snap that rail and stab the track. Be careful!

damn thanks thats the next part ill be buying! new sleds going to be bullit proof

Back