• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

They now have blue colored STA-BIL for ethanol gas.

Sled Dog

Lifetime Member
Has anyone tried this product yet? If it is brand new then I guess it would be too early to tell if it actually works for ethanol gas. The product may have been in the USA for awhile already though which is why I ask if anyone has used this product yet and does it work?

Never heard of it. I Keep my spare gas in a NATO gas can painted red to make it leagle, like the ones the military use. It has an air tight locking cap that keeps air out so the fuel doesn't oxidize. Never had a problem. Here in NY we have 10% ethanol fuel thanks to the state.

thinksnow said:
It's thier marine grade stabilizer. I haven't used it and probably won't. I am sticking to Sea Foam.

I dont think seafoam is going to do the trick with ethanol gas. I think they should just put the ethanol where it belongs in a corn whiskey jug and keep it out of our gas. :drink: :drink:

How do you stabalize ethanol? - nothing stops it from what it does, absorbs water and evaporates - Sled Dog I'm with you, shouldn't see it anywhere but Happy Hour!!

I have not paid any attention to the new stabilizer, it might well be necessary for ethanol. I know the marina my father in law had winterize his boat had problems this year. His boat would not start, and after all normal tests showed no reason it shouldn't run, they replaced the seemingly good fuel with fresh and problem solved. Six other boats also had the same issue, fresh fuel all running fine.

Back