• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thinking of changing tracks and need input.

Grizz that set up would be better than a studded track? I thought the studs would grip better and deeper ? Just wondering if you ran a studded track before the ice attack ? Sales guy at yamaha talked me out of the track. What he told me was guys that come from a track without studs love them, and the guys that had studs and run that track ,
Want to switch back to the studs. Just a question . Thanks

Last edited:

I've ran studs on other sleds but never been a fan of them. I find studs to be to aggressive for my riding style and I don't like taking a chance on sending one through the heat exchanger. The Ice Attack allows me to slide the rear in corners without it completely kicking out if I hit a patch of ice and it provides enough traction to climb most icy hills without spinning out. The pre studded is fairly consistent in the way it hooks up so I have more confidence entering corners aggressively. I'm running a ripsaw 2 on my new Viper and after spending the last few seasons running the Ice Attack on my Nytro I can't wait to get it off and install an Ice Attack.

Now you have me thinking. Would I have any issue with clearance running the 1.6 ice cobra in a 128 wig the relocate without removing the tunnel protectors?

The skid relocate does not affect the track clearance.

I picked up a 2010 Nytro RTX se this year. I was coming off a 2001 SXR with never real experience riding a Nytro besides on demo rides. With the suggestions and comments from the guys here I went with a Star Relocate, spring extension and a 128 in Ice Attack track. I also had Star revalve the center and rear shock for me. To me it handles flatter than what I think a stock Nytro would have. The track hooks great! Its better than my 1" 9830 121 with 96 studs that I had on my SXR. I have 300 miles on this ride so far and getting it to ride good playing with the clickers and the air pressure in the front shocks. My only complaint is that the steering does feel heavy and I think that is because of my ski and carbide set up. I am running Simmons generation 1 skis with 6" shaper bars inside and outside! I wonder if the steering relocate will help with the ease of steering?

Did you mean tunnel protectors or heat exchanger protectors? From what I've seen/read, 1.5" is about the biggest you can go with the heat exchanger protectors still intact. Some people have said that they had rubbing even with a 1.5", others have said it just barely cleared. I think 1.6" would be tight up front.

Did you mean tunnel protectors or heat exchanger protectors? From what I've seen/read, 1.5" is about the biggest you can go with the heat exchanger protectors still intact. Some people have said that they had rubbing even with a 1.5", others have said it just barely cleared. I think 1.6" would be tight up front.

I did mean heat exchanger protectors sorry. I guess the ice cobra 1.6 is actually a 1.5 with little nubs on it. tracks USA said it would fit but I figure everyone here would know for sure.

Ski am thinking of trying out the 1.6 ice cobra. Should I or do I need to change the drivers to extrovert? And what is the cost of that?

I just did the tracks USA 136 extension kit with a intense 1.5 track that's NOT studded and really like sled a lot more. Pulls harder then my old studded ripsaw 121 and bridges bumps a lot better. Pushes a little more in the tight trails but with the tuner ski it's not bad.

I have the Ripsaw 2 and stretched to 136". In a perfect world I would have preferred to do the Star relocate at the same time but there is a limit to how much I will put into the machine. I didn't stud it and LOVE the track.

I'm waiting for a new 100% Yamaha made sled with a true rising rate rear suspension like the Polaris Axys, with the longevity of the Yamaha 4 stroke, until then the $$ keeps flowing into my Nytro. Fun ride and the mods make it better!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Back