• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

thinking of nypex conversion

rage man

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
hey guys thinking of turning my 09 rtx se into a nypex just had a couple questions for anyone who might have done this i know you can buy the nypex side plates from diamound s but does the nytro front clip still work or should i but there front clip aswell and as far as parts fro the apex goes what do i need spefically from the apex besides the motor can i use the nytro chaincase ? what about the jackshaft, clutches, coolers, ect also how does the apex airbox fit can u keep the nytro gage pod ? or anything else i may be missing here thNks.

You stock subframe will work with the diamond S plates. If you use the Diamond s plates they are set up for a apex chain case, jackshaft, etc. Basically a entire apex powerplant/drivetrain into a nyto chassis.

What would be your reasoning for the conversion? Guys I talk to that have done it will not do it again because they are VERY labor intensive. Bolting the engine up is the easy part, its running the wiring, plumbing, etc that will take forever, checking for rub marks, etc.

I'm interested in doing it but think the apex chassis is better for my riding.

thanks for the info thats what i thought it would be all apex interior clutches aswell? i just really love the 4 banger motor and really love the nytro chassie dont see yamaha combining the 2 are u aware if they could still use the nytro gages ?

im kinda pissed off because i just missed out on buying 2 smashed apexes 1 ran into the other for 4000 owell

I will be starting the process of making a 09 xtx nypex, but I have learned to let someone who is very good at this type of thing. I have decided to go with Dave at Hurricane performance. He is going to make the motor around 185hp NA. He fixed all the problems my apex mpi had and I will use him for everything I do in the future. GREAT SERVICE AND GREAT PRICES :Rockon:

A buddy of mine was considering doing this. I was going to help him. Motor went in his Nytro. Where would I find more info on these side plates?

If you start the project keep the camera handy and take LOTS of pictures. Its no small task plan on at least 200-300 hours of work at the minimum. Guys that have done one say they could do another in about that time so for my planning I was thinking around 400 hours.

Big TIME, and money committment

It would be lots better if Yamaha would get their heads out of their arsses & build what people want.......................

Maybe next year???

:drink:

BR

this is just plan amazing.... Ever since the nytro came out in 08... my very first thought was apex motor in there!!!.....

Come on yamaha!!!!! if its hard times use the parts you already have and put them in there!!!

lead

There is one Nypex Turbo that got built this winter out in Lead SD , dont know Scotts TY Handle but I heard it pulls your arms off at the socket.

I painted a few late 80's formula 1 cars. The bare chassis are about 12
feet long and 5 feet wide. I used to carry them in the booth with one hand.
40 lbs. By comparison the Indy car aluminum chassis of the same years
we painted were 240 lbs.

Back