• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thump, thump, thump mystery noise

I'm VERY familar with the annoying transfer rod cluck and I've fix that. Not the problem.

I'm ordering a new bearing with a new set screw. I'll try that and the belt and see what happens.

Defiantly not the transfer rod. Does it on smooth trails.

1705764200635.png
1705764200635.pngCheck bearing nut, #19 in secondary sheave parts listing. Mine came loose years ago when I had my '08 Apex. Could hear a thumping at slower speeds and actually felt it in the left footwell.

That bearing nut is for the jack shaft. I checked and mine is tight. Going to order a new drive shaft bearing and set screw and see what happens with that.

Pull the parking brake, caliper , & rotor off and carefully and slowly drive it see if the noise is present.

I had the same clunk clunk noise at slow speed on my 08 vector. Drove me nuts tracking it down. Turned out to be a combination the keyway on rotor & woodruff key had worn enough to create clunk as the rotor turned at slow speed. I sourced a used lower mileage rotor and a new woodruff key. Bam, no clunk.

So, try that. It's a possibility.

Back