• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Thunder products anti movement washers

Rtbo

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
23 SRX
I just put the anti movement washers on my roller bolts and can’t believe how much it quieted down. My primary has 9400 miles and was loud. The shoulder of the roller bolt and where it meets the clutch definitely have some material missing from banging back and forth but these took up the slack. I had to tighten it a little more than I’d like but so be it. Thank you sidewinder bob for the washers.

I picked up some of the washers from Thunder Products at the Syracuse Big East Powersports show this year. I put them in this fall. Minimal testing so far due to lack of snow, but seems to be an improvement. Big bang for the buck was airbox mod and Big Venom kit. Love them!

I just put the anti movement washers on my roller bolts and can’t believe how much it quieted down. My primary has 9400 miles and was loud. The shoulder of the roller bolt and where it meets the clutch definitely have some material missing from banging back and forth but these took up the slack. I had to tighten it a little more than I’d like but so be it. Thank you sidewinder bob for the washers.
:worth:

Screenshot_20220112-154859_Gallery.jpg
not much to see...

Yeah, I was hoping you wouldn't notice those.... Byam wanted pics, so I had to post. That pic was before pre-season clutch cleaning. Rollers are stock, after sitting all summer.

I am glad I could help you.

Thank you!

And thank you Bob

These Anti-Movement washers have been selling like crazy.

Part # is TSK-545 and is not on our website. You will have to call us

Attachments

• cryogenic washers.jpg
    cryogenic washers.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 181
Is there another thread on this that I missed

I’m intrigued
Thank you!

And thank you Bob

These Anti-Movement washers have been selling like crazy.

Part # is TSK-545 and is not on our website. You will have to call us
Such a great idea! After seeing how much the roller bolt head sinks itself into the clutch, because of how loose they are right from the factory and without set screws, which is noisy and allows that bolt head to continually keep beating itself in as the mileage piles up, this would be an easy preventative step when new also!

Finally got some miles on and can confirm that the do indeed quiet the clutches on my Viper.

Last edited:
On my 22 S-TX GT, so far clutch seems very quiet - granted I only have about 70kms on it so far!

Do they get louder as they wear a bit? So is this something I just just get now?

Back