• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Timbersled Spindles with Skinz Concept 39" Front End...

yooper

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2010 Nytro MTX 153
This past weekend my Nytro married a big rock. Needles to say, the front suspension is going to be replaced. I currently have a Timbersled Bark Buster front end on my 2010 MTX 162 SE.

I do not have the stock spindles anymore as they were sold when I bought the BB front end.

I am looking at Skinz, Mountain tech, Zbros, and CR. Does anyone know if the Skinz front end will work with Bark Buster Spindles?

Money isnt everything but i would like to ride again this year and if I have to buy new spindles AND get my shock bushings done then the Skinz front end will likely not be in my budget. Thus making the Zbroz kit looking pretty good right about now.

I've read a whole bunch of stuff on here about all the kits available, but there still doesn't seem to be a clear winner from what I have been able to tell.

Mountain Tech's stuff is awesome but again, I don't have stock spindles.

Any help is appreciated.

Look for some used spindles....they shouldn't be all that hard to find. Check out Snowest classifieds or even Kijiji in Ontario (or Canada wide). I just saw skis attached with spindles for sale yesterday.

That is one of the reasons I ended up going with Zbroz front end. I was in the same boat. I had the timber sled BB front on my 08. The Zbroz comes with spindles. I didn't have to modify my shocks $$$ in addition to the cost of buying updated spindles. Since the skinz kit was designed around 2010 and newer spindles. You can get older ones to work but why when the kit was not designed to use them

How do you like the zbroz ? Have you been able to compare it to any other kits?

Fit and finish of the kit was really good. Michelle and OTS hooked me up with a good deal. easy to install. You can use your stock shocks with no modifications. if i had to say one bad thing about the kit. its that it did not come with zerk fittings to grease the bushing. I was going to use the kit for the season and maybe drill and tap the arms to put my own in just for peice of mind. that one thing is really minor in my book so it did not bother me at all

No we did not have much of a season around here and I live in a DOO and POO country so there are not too many other people who ride around here on nytros.

the hype is no joke on these kits. you cant go wrong with any of them. The only thing that i could not get past with the skinz kit is the bent tie rods but people swear by them. I am very happy with my choice

I have the older timbersled spindles on my nytro with the skins 4+ 39" and thy are awesome in the deep snow the sled is very nimble

Fit and finish of the kit was really good. Michelle and OTS hooked me up with a good deal. easy to install. You can use your stock shocks with no modifications. if i had to say one bad thing about the kit. its that it did not come with zerk fittings to grease the bushing. I was going to use the kit for the season and maybe drill and tap the arms to put my own in just for peice of mind. that one thing is really minor in my book so it did not bother me at all

No we did not have much of a season around here and I live in a DOO and POO country so there are not too many other people who ride around here on nytros.

the hype is no joke on these kits. you cant go wrong with any of them. The only thing that i could not get past with the skinz kit is the bent tie rods but people swear by them. I am very happy with my choice
I admit that the steering arms look funky but the performance doesn't appear to be affected in any way and to my knowledge they have never broken(I'm the second owner). The him joints are the weakest link but it keeps from destroying a arms, if you hit something to hard like a rock or tree the him will shear off at the adjustment nut, so keep a spare on hand just in case.

Back