• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Togwotee Mountain Lodge ?'s

Like you said that is not to bad considering what you all did. This is my cost layout for 5 people(dont know exactly how many are going to be going). About 2600 miles both ways (I am driving) at 10MPG is 260 gallons multiplied by 3.30 a gallon is 860$ total, divided by 5 people is 170$ per person. A Cabin for 5 people for 4 nights is 176$ per person. A 600cc snowmobile plus the insurance and everything is about 650$ for 3 days. We will bring all our food out to eat, and I figure an extra 200-300$ per person for hotels, eating on the way out as well as just some money for other crap. 170+176+650+300=1300$ and 300$ for a hotel and food on the way out is alot more then it will probably be. So I figure the most it will cost me is about 1300$ assuming the guide is included. Does anybody think that I am missing anything? Like I said before this price is high estimate.

We stayed there over Easter it was a blast we got the package deal ate and drank free plus the dicounts on the sleds. I would get the 800cc sleds if I were you the 600 is a little short on power as the elevation climbs. We had Brent for our guide he was a great guy and as others have said they pretty much put you in some awesome places some you arnt sure you should be in. Your confidence will improve rapidly through out the day. I climed hills and decended hills through trees I never would have tried at home although we dont have that hills like that at home. Awesom trip will be back next year. You just cant explain how much fun or how great the area is, just have to see it for yourself.

tkuss said:
Thanks for the reply, so when you went back for more gas did the whole group and guide come with you? Just curious.

The gas station is basically on the property and we would gas up at the end each day so we would not have to deal with it in the am. We would also leave our rental machines at our cabins every night. Not sure how we paid for the gas as our group has a banker that pays for everything and we pay him daily.

IF you need rental sleds and IF you need guides, Togwotee is a VERY nice place to stay. We have been going to that area at least 1 time a year since 1986. We stay at Mackenzie Highland Ranch, and we take our own sleds. We do have to do our own cooking also, but last year was our highest cost trip at $725.00 each. That even included beer. It takes 6 people with 2 rigs. You don't have to stay at Togwotee to use their guides either, and I know that you can pick up a rental sled at the Line Shack, use it for a week and return it. The Continental devide area is THE VERY BEST area, for us. I've been to the Snowies and I will return there, but the seeniery is to die for and the snow is always VERY good, sometimes too much snow. The 1st time I went in 86 we had 7.5 feet of snow in 6 days.

Back