• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tools for spark plug change

Sparkplugs are under the caps that are held in with a silver 10mm bolt. Remove the bolt and unplug the cap/coil. You will need to twist and pull upwards to get the cap/coil off. Sometimes I use a pry bar to get them buggers off sometimes.
To add to the link with the instructions posted if you remove the steel bracket that holds the headlight pod on and the over flow tank it will give you more room to work.
Red is the coils
Yellow is the 4 10mm bolts holding the bracket
Pink is the 10mm bolt for the over flow tank
View attachment 117489
If you use a good quality sparkplug socket it will have a rubber grommet inside to hold the plug. This grommet does 2 things. First it protects the ceramic from getting broken or cracked while remove the plug and Second it will hold onto the plug so you can remove it form the engine. A short piece of rubber hose that fits on the tip of the sparkplug tip also works well for install and removing the plug. A wobble extension or a swivel for an extension makes this job a lot easier.

Thank you so much. I had no idea they hide the plugs under the bolts like that in these sleds. I changed the oil last year and I wondered where the plugs where located. My sled is 10 years old with 6k miles. I know it is debatable to change them but after 10 years it might be worth it since I'm that deep anyhow. Appreciate the help

The other issue I had problems with is unclipping the headlight pod. The male/female connection seen really tight to break loose. I did see the clip inside and pushed down but they didn't come loose.

The small white connector you push the tab down and the large connector the tab goes up
Thanks!

Another stupid question. You ever tried to change the hifax and notice the windows are smaller than the hifax? Do I literally have to loosen the entire backend to get the hifax back in?

You can just cut one window (in the track) wide enough for the sliders. You may find this already done if you got the sled used and the track was already on it.

Thanks!

Another stupid question. You ever tried to change the hifax and notice the windows are smaller than the hifax? Do I literally have to loosen the entire backend to get the hifax back in?
I never cut the window on the track to get it out. Spray wd40 on the slides and the window. I also use a dent puller with a drywall screw in it at the end of the hi fax. You may to use a flat screw driver to get it started past the bend. Careful not to hit the rail. Loosen the rear large wheels then then loosen track. Reverse process when done.

Last edited:

Back