• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Top speed with boost

Bpatch50

Expert
what are you guys seeing for top end with boost? I have the yami / mpi 180 sc kit and was able to hit 117 on gps over the wknd. I think the speedo read 120 / 121 - it was hard to see because I was ducked down

I got a push trail turbo geard an clutched 128mph on gps

My supercharged 180 Nytro was lucky to see 112 on the speedo. This was on a very hard, hard packed surface. I just raced my buddy's stock Apex last weekend on Lake Gogebic and lost running 105/106! His sled was bouncing between 106 and 107. Very close but the Apex was definitely pulling away slowly. It was at that moment I knew I needed to double the boost and upgrade to at least a stage 1 SC kit! Stock the sled would run 94-98. I'm pretty sure 115mph is the best you are going to see with the Nytro's stock gearing.

My supercharged 180 Nytro was lucky to see 112 on the speedo. This was on a very hard, hard packed surface. I just raced my buddy's stock Apex last weekend on Lake Gogebic and lost running 105/106! His sled was bouncing between 106 and 107. Very close but the Apex was definitely pulling away slowly. It was at that moment I knew I needed to double the boost and upgrade to at least a stage 1 SC kit! Stock the sled would run 94-98. I'm pretty sure 115mph is the best you are going to see with the Nytro's stock gearing.
My buddy has a low mileage 11 Apex. I'm guessing he'll be in the same neighborhood as me too. I'm geared up 1 tooth. I also have the star 128 - I'm guessing that approach angle helped a little as well. I think next year I'm going with the stage 1 upgrade.

I got a push trail turbo geard an clutched 128mph on
Wow, that's hauling the mail. How much boost?

I can get mine to pull past 120mph on the speedo no problem, 11psi fpp turbo with low compression pistons.

Im trying to make it to some radar runs this weekend, gonna turn it up with some race fuel and see what she does.

You guys know the speedo on the nytros are off mine is off by 7 mph thats why I use gps

Guys I have a Rtx 180 sc my sled is no faster then when she was stock. Bsb spring 64 gram heavy hitters Purple sec spring at 0/1 53/41 helix /stock track/ 26 bottom 28 top on the supercharger I'm assuming around 5-6 pounds pulls good when it's cold out but when the temp rises during the day its a dog maybe getting heat soaked anyone care to take a stab at it,, can't catch a stock apex

Back