• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Torsion springs for XTX 146

srx700lt

Extreme
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
SW XTX-146 SE
I will change my torsion springs to a heavier version, question is, what springs shall I get? I'm roughly 260 lb with gear and also would like to be able to carry extra gas. It bottoms out way to easy as it is now.
I've seen that there are some different springs available but I struggle to find any information about them.

Do anyone have any table showing the different types of springs and their characteristics?

Also, does anyone have any suggestion of what springs to get?

I will change my torsion springs to a heavier version, question is, what springs shall I get? I'm roughly 260 lb with gear and also would like to be able to carry extra gas. It bottoms out way to easy as it is now.
I've seen that there are some different springs available but I struggle to find any information about them.

Do anyone have any table showing the different types of springs and their characteristics?

Also, does anyone have any suggestion of what springs to get?
travis at bop sells a aftermarket aluminum torsion spring cam... it replaces the stock plastic one with 3 settings to one with a 4th stiffer setting, i put a set on my 146 but still have it a 3 and have never used the higher setting, im 265 in shorts and a T, i found changing the front skid spring to a stingray spring really helped everything for me for sag or squatt , i might have 1 inch sit in when i get on the sled set up like that!

1681268422606.jpeg
hope this helps. I wasn’t impressed with bottoming on my XTX I tried the stingray spring without success. I ended up with an Elka stage 5 in the centre shock and it’s awesome. The adjustability of it really lets you dial in the suspension
I was going to order a heavier spring but never did
1681268422606.jpeg

I swapped out the stock shocks for Ohlins, it's major improvement but shocks alone can't fix the issue of the sled bottoming out.
But thanks for the info, it is a step in the right direction to understand what's possible to choose from.

I put the heavy springs in my 2017 ltx. I think there was only one choice. Full load I ran them on the second setting with out issue.

Heavy springs do make a difference

Along with the heavier springs you can also try, Yamaha has like a helper spring thing, sorry I don’t know what it’s called exactly but I believe it’s factory on the fully jammed Stx. And is also available as an accessory.

Back