• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Touchy throttle

TURBLUE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder MTX
Just curious if this is a thing on a viper or something is up. When it’s idling and you touch the throttle with any quickness it dies. If you roll into it slow it totally fine. I haven’t rode the sled yet besides down the back alley.
TPS in the diagnostic mode reads as it should. It’s a 2014 xtx

I don’t remember the sidewinder doing this.

thanks

Last edited:

Is your idle set to spec?

I checked the throttle cable free play. It wasn’t tight enough to reset the tors switch. Seem good now. Thanks. Man I searched last night but couldn’t find anything...of course now I see info on this issue of free play.

Was it totally warmed up? Fresh gas?

Totally warmed up yes. Fresh gas no. Siphoned the tank but haven’t topped it up. Adjusting the throttle cable definitely made a difference, but will see when I get out.
61A868E7-BAF8-48DD-A338-161EFBDE38E7.jpeg

If that is your red MTX in the pic, looks like it has been boosted. If so, that might be a contributor.
Stale gas ignites slower, therefore it responds slower. Might try fresh oxygenated gas before doing anything else.

Back