• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

TPS sensor

Fowlow

How do you adjust the tps sensor. Or can you adjust it in this sled my friend told me about it he adjusted on his nytro was wondering if anyone's done this yet I checked mine and at closed throttle it's at 0% and wide open throttle it's 79% my friends nytro is 17-96 any info on adjusting or whatever will be appreciated

If it is we have a problem. I believe you can check it using a voltmeter the values should rise in a linear fashion but if its off DONT TOUCH IT once again from 14 cat manual

Attachments

• VIPER TPS.jpg
    VIPER TPS.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 615
Hmm, could be hard start issue, could also be why some guys are seeing 90mph and some 100+....

DeerHuntr said:
Hmm, could be hard start issue, could also be why some guys are seeing 90mph and some 100+....
I had that thought also. I can only get 88 out of mine. Starting to wonder if it's the time machine. All I need is a flux capacitor and I'm set. Lol

cannondale27 said:
If it is we have a problem. I believe you can check it using a voltmeter the values should rise in a linear fashion but if its off DONT TOUCH IT once again from 14 cat manual
I'll look tonight however, I believe you can check it in the diagnostic screen on the Guage pod. Hold the top left and bottom right buttons down until a different menu comes up and you can cycle through codes and like I said I think TPS.

So after reading that it's sounds complicated I'll let the dealer deal
With it and yes I also believe this why guys are seeing more and less out of the sleds so what's your guys opion let the dealer adjust or

Guys, adjust your throttle cable. If it does not have enough slack you will find all kind of oddities. If cable hangs or does not allow full return it enables "limp home mode". Makes me wonder how many dealers did not adjust the cable after installing the handlebars..............

my cable had as much slack as possible. the adjustment by the handle bar was screwed all the way in. the adjustment by the engine had only a 1/4 left before it was adjusted all the way out. so i adjusted by the cable by the bars until little movement on the thumb throttle would cause the rpm's to go up.

subaru2006

Can one of you guys check that on your vipers me I'm at 0.6v and 0% closed throttle and open throttle I'm 3.8v on 79% so there is definitely some adjustment correct if I can anywhere from 0.68-1.11 on closed and on open from 4.00-4.20 I think I'll try adjusting

the check calls to use a "special tool" to be accurate. but they also say to try that trick you did multiple times and take the average readings. remember you have to go slow on the thumb throttle i think.
subaru2006

Fowlow said:
Can one of you guys check that on your vipers me I'm at 0.6v and 0% closed throttle and open throttle I'm 3.8v on 79% so there is definitely some adjustment correct if I can anywhere from 0.68-1.11 on closed and on open from 4.00-4.20 I think I'll try adjusting

How do you adjust the tps sensor. Or can you adjust it in this sled my friend told me about it he adjusted on his nytro was wondering if anyone's done this yet I checked mine and at closed throttle it's at 0% and wide open throttle it's 79% my friends nytro is 17-96 any info on adjusting or whatever will be appreciated
Did you figure this out? I have the same thing on mine. 0% and 79%. Same how much i play with the adjuster, i can't get it closer to 100%. When i push the trottle all the way in, i have full tension on wire. I did a adjustment on my Apex a while ago. I loosened the screws on the tps on side of trottle bodies, and made a little adjustment to get it right.

Take it in to dealer. If out of spec and in warranty the whole throttlebody assy is replaced. If out of warranty they adjust it if possible. That's the procedure. If you adjust it and something happens to motor warranty is void.

I looked at the TPS reading on my power commander and I can only get to 90% with full tension on cable. Very interesting...

Back