• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track Clips - Anti Ratchet

apexmcneil

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 Yamaha Apex LTX
Upgrade GYTR Dual Rate shocks,
Ohlins Rear
Oillite bushing kit
Powercoated Rear skid
Snow Trackers
hey guys,

Im going to buy some track clips, and have done some research in regards as to which to buy, whether im going to use anti-ratchet drivers, what kinda of anti drivers etc etc etc.. One thing i have yet to come across, and my yamaha dealer doesnt know wither, is how many track clips do i need to fully clip my 136' track.. My track currently is clipped every 3rd hole.. I dont really feel like counting every single hole to know. Hoping somebody can lead me in the right direction..

Muchly Appreciated!

Regards, Brandon.

A 136" track with a typical 2.52" pitch has 54 rows of windows (2.52" * 54 = 136"). Every row has 2 windows to it. So your track has a total of 108 windows. A fully clipped track also has the same number of clips as it does windows. So your track would have 108 clips if fully clipped.

A track that it clipped every 3rd has 1/3 the number of clips that it could have if fully clipped. So your track currently has 36 clips (108/3 = 36).

So to make a long story short, you will need a minimum of 72 clips to fully clip your track (108 - 36 = 72). I say minimum as you may want to get a few extra to account for screw-ups.

A 136" track has 54 rows of lugs on it so a fully clipped 136" track would have 108 (2 per row) clips on it. If your track is currently clipped every third it should have 18 clips currently on each side for a total of 36 currently on it. So 108 minus 36 - you should need to add 72 clips to make your track fully clipped.

Damn Gade-Thrasher looks like you beat me to this one by "a moment ago" lol..
dang - that is close! ... must have been a mere instant between our responses.

muchly appreciated gentlemen!!!

Just wish snowmobile season was here!! :(

I got my clips from Shade Tree. Opened up the closed windows with a hole saw and squared up the corners with a utility knife. Took the sled to my dealer, for $125 they installed the clips.

Back