• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track length Poll

what length track do you prefer?

• 121"

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 128"

• 136"

• 141-144"

• 151-153"

• 162" and up

• Total voters
i voted for 144 because i ride mostly offtrail. No need for a longer track due to snowconditions.

I like this poll!!!! Seema that almost half the people like the longer tracked sleds... especially when it comes to the yammies... i remeber the first time i drove a 144.. it was a 07 summit 800 and i was quite blow awya at the stability difference... and the fact that i could point wherever and mash the gas and it would just go right thru... and thinking that my shorty would have been barried 10ft off the trail... I'm sure glad i stretched the apex... its really getting me thinking tho... i wish they had the mtx back... but again... pick up a 144xtx and for $1000 bucks you can pretty much make it as long as you want!!!...

Viper_Dave said:
C'mon Nick, your just a copy catter.... did I just use the word CAT on TY!!! 30 lashes with a wet doooodle for me HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I have 2 136's (Viper, Venture) and 2 144's, ( Attak, Apex XTX ). EVERYONE has an opinion, right?? For ME and MY riding style, the 144's work. BUT, if I ONLY rode here in N. Illinois.... it'd be the Apex XTX LOL. It is NOT a sled for everyone! But it suits ME! I am 6'3" and go 300 lbs dressed out. I can run my Attak with any of the short track guys I ride with, and the XTX is getting there. The XTX is MUCH easier to ride (tipped rails and EPS) than the Attak. But the Attak handles better.HMMM, could be 4 yrs of setup, right?? The beauty of this site is the vast knowledge and experience of those that are members here. Base your decision on ALL the opinions here..... or go to a demo and create your own impressions. You CANNOT go WRONG with any of the choices given here. If you don't like the track length you end up with, CHANGE IT!! I've stretched 2 sleds and wouldn't sweat stretching the Attak to a 153 or longer. I've made it MINE! WHEW, kinda' longwinded, aint I. Nick and others know me and know I am passionate about what this site has to offer. Civilty and respect is our standard, let everyones OPINION be heard with merit!!

Dave OUT!!

:jump: :-o :jump:

:rocks:

Interesting results,

Clearly track lengths are stretching out. Maybe as late as 5 years ago, the 121's would have still ruled. I think its a testament to those wanting to ride off trail more, and with tipped up rails, quite frankly there isn't much of a penalty for being on longer tracks.

I voted 153, but I ride off trail much more than on so the extra length gives you more stability and floatation....

My 2 cents

OTM

I voted 144", I haven't riden my Attak yet with the tipped extensions but I know I'm going to like it since I used to trail ride an RX1 mountain

Kyle

136" is the best compromise for my riding. 100% groomed trail and lake. 121" is great, but by the end of the day, the bumped up trails make you wishing for a longer track. 136" gives better hole shot and much better ride, more stable through corners and really no top end penalty. Once you get to 144", I think tight twisty trail performance suffers and top end speed starts going down with all the added rotating mass weight.

remember... 136-144 there is only 4" extra on the snow... 8" total circumfrance... not alot of difference. With the new track on my sled... i have just under 2 windows extra on snow.

had shorties forever, then bought a rage (136) and loved it bought my nytro and just couldnt stay a shorty so i stretched it to 136 tiped up. hoping it gives me the best of both worlds...

cat hunter said:
thrasher said:
My vote is for the 121". Have both 136" and the 121". I only ride on trail, with pretty much a 50/50 mix of tight and twisty and full throttle flat lands. With a studded track and SnowTracker carbides, my 121" handles like it's on rails and no twitchiness and high speeds.. The 136" works great in a straight line, very tiring in the twisties. I'd love to try a 128" track, I think it would be ideal for the type of riding that I do.
You're reading my mind !!! ;)!

X3 other than mountains in which case 153

i voted for 121" just becuse that is what i have always used, most of my riding is on trail or over ice. so it works well for what i do.

bump to the top, anyone else have a say? 17677 registered users and only 127 votes?

Since 04 my wife and I have had 7 136s and 2 144s and we would never go back to a shorty. The high speed stability and bump spanning is awesome, not to mention the better off trail rideability.

Back