• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track measurement

Dewaddict

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 viper xtx
I'm wondering if the track measurement is measured inside or outside of the track. I extended a sled from a 121 to a 144 in and the new track is tight as a bow string even with the tensioners as loose as possible. We've rode it some so it should start to stretch but it really hasn't changed. I used clothes pins to keep it tight to the inside circumference of the track and it only measures out at 142 and 1/4.

Wrong pitch??

Yamaha uses 2.52

Or they sent you a 141??

the track size is a nominal size, the real length is the product of pitch x number of pitches.

57 x 2.52 = 143.64 inches

the pitch is measured at the center of the belt (where the fibers are) and thus the inside will be slightly smaller.

But, tracks start on the tight side and stretch over time - so measurements are approximate at best anyway.

A 141 (2.52) is only 1 pitch shorter than a 144 - You can simply count the number of pitches to see which one you have, but I highly doubt that is a 141. I believe you have a 144 that is just on the tight side. And yes they take a while to stretch.

Back