• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track nubs rubbing

R00STER

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2013 Nytro xtx 1.75
I have always had a fair amount of vibration in my feet near the front of the running boards, and I could never figure out where it was coming from. I have my suspension out of the sled and I can see where the nubs have been rubbing the top of the front swing arm. It has rubbed enough that it wore off the paint in four different spots across the arm. Any ideas why it would rub there when it looks like the three guides would lift the track higher so they wouldn't rub. Any help appreciated.

Not ice, it always did it no matter the conditions. Most nights its inside a heated shed.

I have been running the stock 9 tooth extrovert yamaha drivers. I'm switching to avid drivers right now, that's why I have the suspension out for maintenance. My front swing arm does not have replaceable guides, it's just three metal loops on the top of the swing arm.

I believe the paint rubbing off is normal. Might be a bearing. When doing your drivers check speedo bearing to. Not sure how many miles you have

6000 km, replaced both drive shaft and jack shaft bearings during the process. The rub spots match up to the nubs so I'm thinking that's where my issue is, but I'm not ruling anything out. That's why I'm asking if anyone else has this issue. Seriously on a long ride my feet will go numb from the vibration.

I don't know. the guides should hold it up like you said. Hope you figure it out. Maybe someone on hear knows

I don't know. Hope you figure it out. Maybe someone on hear will know. Guides should hold track off when needed. I looked at mine and can't see how they could hit.

Do you have any pics. Are you the original owner of this sled?

I am the original owner of the sled. Like a dumbass I didn't take any pics.
But I think I might have gotten to the root of the problem. The return wheels on the top of the suspension were seized. The entire shaft was spinning instead of the wheel bearings. So this makes me think that the added resistance from the wheels was causing the track to slap down between the wheels and the pivot arm.
With the suspension back in the sled I can see that it can only happen when I'm on the sled causing the front arm to pivot changing the angle of the guides thus reducing the clearance.
Hopefully I will be able to test it out this week.

Sounds like your on track. Let us know if this was causing the issue.

Back