• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

track rubbing tunnel

snowgood

just changed out my track and pulled the belt to see how easy to roll the track and herd the track rubbing the tunnel. this cant b good. is there something im missing. its stock track with timber rear suspension. also the reason im replacing back to stock is had a powerclaw on and it ripped hitting a 5 inch diameter stump on a steep hill. the powerclaw may have been to tight any help is appreciated SG

I would make sure first that the rear axle is not adjusted crooked as to make the track cock off one way. The other thing I would make sure of is that everything is straight. Hitting a stump well enough to tear your track could have bent something. I lost a track last year and I know how it really sucks.

There is enough room to run a 2.5" track, so the standard 2.25" track is for sure not rubbing from a lug height point of veiw. More likely from a side-to-side point of view. First, figure out exactly where the track is rubbing, then the correct countermeasure to get the track away from the rubbing point.

After you hit the stump, did you check that everything is straight..? If you hit something with your drive axle, relocating the position of one or more driver is not very unlikely. Also, it does not take much force to bend the entire skid sideways.

thanks

thank you everyone. sorry for taking so long to reply, but adjusted the track tensioners and it moved over. it is probably a little of bent tunnel and rear axle.it took a end over end hit late last spring didn't see any apparent damage afterwords but this may b what i am seeing and also the suspension change getting into the tunnel was a little p.i.t.a. just need to get her rid-able ben wrenching to much on her, need to ride know. on the other hand rode her for a hr w new t.s. suspension and powerclaw track and WOW a hole knew sled. its kinda like being married for a few yrs loving the girl and then getting some stripper strange UHO she just kills it know :Rockon: :die

Back