• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track shock lengths on sidewinder mtx/btx model years.

RDOG907

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha Sidewinder MTX 162
I have a 2017 sidewinder mtx 162 that the rear track shock was replaced at some point with a fox float 1 and now that seems to be on its way out.

I have a line on a 2019 mtx 153 rear track shock but checking around the item nu hers and information has yielded little to no information on if they are interchangeable.

Any information on compatibility would be appreciated and probably helpful to the community.

They should be the same length. Normally with Cat/Yamaha mountain sleds, the basic suspension parts are the same. The difference in track length occurs behind the rear scissor mounting point on the rail. (the rails are shorter or longer, behind the scissor mount)
That being said, there can be a difference in shock lengths between model years even with the same track length.

I have a 2017 sidewinder mtx 162 that the rear track shock was replaced at some point with a fox float 1 and now that seems to be on its way out.

I have a line on a 2019 mtx 153 rear track shock but checking around the item nu hers and information has yielded little to no information on if they are interchangeable.

Any information on compatibility would be appreciated and probably helpful to the community.
If it's a QS3 shock with lockout you will need a longer rod that kinda parallels the shock. A "rod relay" is what it's called on the parts diamgram.
I ordered mine from a 2019 MTX with QS3parts diamgram. If your 153 shock doesn't have the QS3 I can't see them being any different. I've had a 153 and 162 in my shop more than a few times and the skids are identical except for the rails being longer on the 162.

Most Fox Shocks are serviceable too, might be another option to look into if you have a shock rebuilder near by.

#18 on the diamgram.
Screenshot_20240225_195738_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20240225_195809_Chrome.jpg

Back