• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Traction set-up questions

Nice catch, Simplespeed... I never like to tell people when and how to spend their money, with that said I'd take a peek at marketplace you can get a track for 50¢ on the dollar. Not saying you're broke, Just saying.
I might use it this year, under the condition no high speeds were being ran.
Only putting new track on a sidewinder.
Market place is the biggest scam ever.
Looks like time to find a ripsaw 2 with 1.5 lug.
I really like the taller lug for trail riding in my area.

Only putting new track on a sidewinder.
Market place is the biggest scam ever.
Looks like time to find a ripsaw 2 with 1.5 lug.
I really like the taller lug for trail riding in my area.
Understand,Tim. You'll be fine to ride that track. It just made the #1 spot on the list of priorities.
I use marketplace as a tool. If I can't go look at the product and see what I'm buying, I don't buy. 100% Everytime.
People buy this, buy that, then they don't like it, sell it for this....lol. world's full of them. Good luck, boss

Hmmm
You’re welcome
Lol
Ran 128 studs in t cats over 1/2 past lug in one inch track
More fun that 1 1/4 track on trail imo unless we received 1 foot of fresh snow
I ride groomed trails and race on the lake
It hooked on almost everything kinda like the boost bus length gapping the 998s in the videos
A little lug out of the gate on snow is good cause spinning ain’t winning
You running a 1” track on yr boost?

Hmmm
You’re welcome
Lol
Ran 128 studs in t cats over 1/2 past lug in one inch track
More fun that 1 1/4 track on trail imo unless we received 1 foot of fresh snow
I ride groomed trails and race on the lake
It hooked on almost everything kinda like the boost bus length gapping the 998s in the videos
A little lug out of the gate on snow is good cause spinning ain’t winning

With the longer studs and less quantity how long till stud rip outs happen?

I probably wouldn't use the idea of 1/2"+ over for beast mode in the trails. Lol.
I'm guessing Trailleader is probably is a little more relaxed during trial riding excursions. Lol.

For those of you studding the middle of the track, aren't you hitting the center tunnel protector?
The last sled I had in my shop with the center of the track studded(ZR9000), the rear tunnel protector was all chewed up.
Maybe if you keep your track really tight this is not a problem??
I usually stay out of the center inch and a half of the track.

Interesting kinda goes against the old theory of too few studs more pullouts. But you can’t argue with the results. I’ve always thought to try the 1” with longer fewer studs. Seems like a win win with less weight for the track and studs vs the 1.25” track

Not as fast as the larger quantity of studs do.
You have to ride like you have hp and not like they’re 600s.
I was under the assumption That less & longer studs would apply more forced to each particular stud.
Can you explain your theory A little better?

Sounds like :crap:
For those of you studding the middle of the track, aren't you hitting the center tunnel protector?
The last sled I had in my shop with the center of the track studded(ZR9000), the rear tunnel protector was all chewed up.
Maybe if you keep your track really tight this is not a problem??
I usually stay out of the center inch and a half of the track.
I think I used a woody's or Studboy template? I'm sure they wouldnt allow you to put any center studs in.

Sounds like :crap:
lol
You have to be aware of what you are riding on and keep up on maintenance.
I also think that the sled hooked up and not spinning as JT has now found on his is better than spinning and I believe spinning gives more a chance for tear outs or lugs ripped off like 1nc
Also easier to clutch and more consistent with less belt heat when not spinning.
I haven’t tore out a stud on one of my sleds since going this route in 2017

Stain is right on not studding center

The long studs aren’t for everyone

Last edited:

Back