• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Trail Tank is leaking

stinx

Expert
Took my 09 Nytro out for ut first real ride today and I discovered my tral tank is leaking. It appears it weaping out gas by the Fuel pump oring. Any body else had this trouble?

Yes Trail Trank sent out replacements for this problem. Speak to your dealer or Trail Tank themselves depending on who you purchased it through.

I already got the new orings. Believe it or not I think it was just the gasket within the gas Cap was pinched

mine to

my bib, tank bag and seat got covered in gas this weekend......still not sure how.

my first ride with the TT.....not enough room for the loop from the tank bag and the cap to make it snug. I THINK>

I know what you mean, I have to be careful when I fill with fuel, my gas cap gasket falls out sometimes.
It's not the best fit.

The Trail Tank has an updated o-ring for the fuel sender on the side of the tank. The thicker o-ring issue never applied to the fuel pump area. When installing the tanks I have been using an air compressor and with the fuel pump, fuel sender, and gas cap installed pressurising the tank through the over flow nipple and then check all areas for leaks with some soapy water.

Back