• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Sidewinder trail tank

I went with the Kimpex connect system with the 2 gal rotopax and Kimpex bag....I'm still waiting on the b/o tank holder. I also installed bop rear tunnel supports just in case. Pics once it's all on.

Mounting the kimpex connect rail this weekend. The rails will act like a stiffener and hopefully, allow me to connect linq brackets/mounts as well. This will give us a lot of flexibility in who is carrying what on the sleds. The rails also allow you to easily slide the connect mounts (or linq mount) forward and backward. This provides further flexibility as I can run just the mid size tunnel bag most days, and then switch between connect bag, fuel can, linq accessories, or whatever. I prefer the connect for its ability to stack more sensibly and the various accessories are way cheaper than the linq accessories.

Last edited:

Mounting the kimpex connect rail this weekend. The rails will act like a stiffener and hopefully, allow me to connect linq brackets/mounts as well. This will give us a lot of flexibility in who is carrying what on the sleds. The rails also allow you to easily slide the connect mounts (or linq mount) forward and backward. This provides further flexibility as I can run just the mid size tunnel bag most days, and then switch between connect bag, fuel can, linq accessories, or whatever. I prefer the linq for its ability to stack more sensibly and the various accessories are way cheaper than the linq accessories.
I figured the Xtra support couldn't hurt. I do alot of solo rides from my backyard and go anywhere from 100-200 miles. I like to carry alot...just in case! The rails definitely give alot of options. not many people seem to run this system

Attachments

• IMG_3955.jpeg
    IMG_3955.jpeg
    58.5 KB · Views: 28
Trail tank update.
I finally got to go out for some trail miles today and filled my sled for the first time.
Issue 1. I put the fuel level sender in wrong. The float would not go all the way to the top. I need to turn the unit 90 degrees to fix the problem.

Issue 2. While fixing my mistake on the sending unit, I saw a small amount of fuel on top of the pump sending unit. I looked closer and could see fuel coming up through the screws that hold the sending unit in. With the trail tank, the screws go all the way through the tank shell and into the tank. I removed all the screws and sealed them with some fuel resistant sealer. I then jacked the front of the sled up for a bit to see if the fuel would come out. So far so good.
Just beware, when installing the tank sending unit, seal the screws holding it on.

Back