• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tread GPS Installed On Sidewinder

Crimp male spade-type connectors (1 smaller than the other) onto the supplied bare-wires on the harness supplied with the mount. These will connect to the wires from the sled that you disconnect from the 12v accessory plug on the dash. The mount harness has new connectors with ends on them that will then go to the 12v accessory dash plug. The harness is really just a splitter. You'll see what I mean when you go to do it.

Really sorry you haven't gotten your sled - that sucks. I'm batting .500... got my S-TX, my L-TX GT was cancelled :(.
what was your order date ?

what was your order date ?
March 10th. Yamaha called me in late summer to verify my orders, told me late Dec / early Jan for both sleds. Got my ST-X early Jan, crickets on the LT-X until the cancel notice.

March 10th. Yamaha called me in late summer to verify my orders, told me late Dec / early Jan for both sleds. Got my ST-X early Jan, crickets on the LT-X until the cancel notice.
That seems a little suspicious !
I ordered both my SRX and LTX GT on April 8th .
I got the calls from Yamaha to confirm , and then a call in November from my dealer , that BOTH were cancelled,
I figured I would atleast get the SRX .
So if what they said is true "first come -first serve " then NO ONE that ordered a GT in Canada after March 10th received their GT either .
Kinda hard to believe that they would have been that far off , as they were showing both still available and took my deposit , almost a month after you .
Things must have really gone bad/changed with the parts supply chain , to have had that many sleds cancelled .

Yup, frustrating for sure. I could be wrong, but I haven't heard anyone on the site from Canada say they have recieved their LT-X GT.

On the trails, I have seen a bunch of '22 SRXs, but no LT-X GTs.

I'm opting for converting to a '23 order, but will get a backup sled. Right now if my wife or son come out with me, they claim the ST-X and relegate me to the '21 Venture ;).

It's already come in handy a couple of times. Was way away from home on new-to-me trails, and definitely would have gotten lost with the poor signage. The GPS was great to keep me on the right trail.

The other unexpected benefit is the track history. It came in handy when coming home back across the lake during a white-out. Was easy to find my way with that feature!
scary stuff to be in a white out Derek , however I do know what you mean about unfamiliar trails and trying to get back, those bread crumbs really come in handy no matter how much you have to zoom out. 2 days ago a guy went off the trail, down a steep hill and hit a tree...not good but nobody was hurt, I spent an hour getting him out, stupid guy didn't have a shovel, rope, saw blade, bungee or a clue...this put me so behind that it was dark trying to get back to Millincokett, not fun when you ride alone and the week before a guy got severe frostbite lost on Mt. Kathadin from a night out in -25f...another reason to have GPS. BUT!! while helping out getting the guys sled out near the B52 crash site my satellite SOS and text communicator got loose from my jacket and got lost...that really sucked...help out and loose a $350 Garmin Mini in reach...I was bummed and pissed. That Garmin mini inreach is an awesome tool, my wife is greatful I could let her know I was ok because I ride alone often...point is, navigation and communication is essential for peace of mind and when the stuff hits the fan...Garmin makes great products designed to save your life in emergency. Joe

Yup, frustrating for sure. I could be wrong, but I haven't heard anyone on the site from Canada say they have recieved their LT-X GT.

I'm opting for converting to a '23 order, but will get a backup sled. Right now if my wife or son come out with me, they claim the ST-X and relegate me to the '21 Venture ;).
Derek Any chance you were on the C trail yesterday , around the six mile lake area ?

how do you like the power steering on the STX? I added it to my 2020 STX...sometimes it acts up, then I have to turn off the sled and restart...not sure why and its not a big deal. Does it work the same as on your Venture? By the way, good idea to give the misses the STX lol Joe

Derek Any chance you were on the C trail yesterday , around the six mile lake area ?
No, we were on the B103/B104 north of Fenelon Falls and up towards Haliburton. Does this mean there was another S-TX out there? :)

how do you like the power steering on the STX? I added it to my 2020 STX...sometimes it acts up, then I have to turn off the sled and restart...not sure why and its not a big deal. Does it work the same as on your Venture? By the way, good idea to give the misses the STX lol Joe
It works better than the Venture EPS. My Venture EPS doesn't like the cold - takes a while to get working on days below -20c. The new one has been flawless (except one code the second time out - solved by a restart), and is lighter at slow speeds. Very happy with it.

I know it's good to let the wife drive it to keep her coming out... but I want to drive it!!! ;)

No, we were on the B103/B104 north of Fenelon Falls and up towards Haliburton. Does this mean there was another S-TX out there? :)
after checking the colours of 22 models it was not an S-tx , that was riding with a Venture .
I have not seen a single dark blue 22 sled or for that matter a SRX like mine .
Due to lack of snow , closed trails ,or extreme temps , I haven't seen the usual weekend trail congestion , associated with a normal season.
Your trails seem to have been more green than most , and must be busy .

after checking the colours of 22 models it was not an S-tx , that was riding with a Venture .
I have not seen a single dark blue 22 sled or for that matter a SRX like mine .
Due to lack of snow , closed trails ,or extreme temps , I haven't seen the usual weekend trail congestion , associated with a normal season.
Your trails seem to have been more green than most , and must be busy .
I think we've been very lucky in our area. Even the yellow trails are in really good shape. I did a day trip last week through Algonquin Park up to Whitney, and it was a spectacular ride the whole way from Fenelon, with some very short and minor exceptions.

I'm looking at the forecast for Wednesday and dreading that today might have been last ride of the season. If that much rain hits, it could wash out the trails :(.

I'm surprised you haven't seen any other SRXs. We passed a group last week that had 3 of them in it! And yup, we have a lot of sled traffic - probably saw over a hundred sleds yesterday alone. Great to see!

I purchased a Garmin Tread for my Sidewinder as well as both the Arctic Cat mountain mount and the regular mount but I wasn't happy where either one placed the GPS for my sled. I ended up making my own mount and taylored wiring harness to fit the unit to my handle bar bag. I really like the convenient location as well as ease of access. Great unit and I really like being able to see where riders in our group are at all times.
Works for me.

gps 1.JPG

I purchased a Garmin Tread for my Sidewinder as well as both the Arctic Cat mountain mount and the regular mount but I wasn't happy where either one placed the GPS for my sled. I ended up making my own mount and taylored wiring harness to fit the unit to my handle bar bag. I really like the convenient location as well as ease of access. Great unit and I really like being able to see where riders in our group are at all times.
Works for me.

View attachment 166476
Nice :)

I installed my Garmin Tread using the Arctic Cat trail mount this past weekend. I love having a GPS for the obvious reasons, but I do have a few niggles related to this one. The Group Ride Radio lost my father fairly often (we were never more than a mile from each other and as soon as I pulled ahead, my GPS would lose him). Also, I wasn't a fan of how Arctic Cat has you hardwire the GPS accessory power to the accessory outlet and cut wires. Instead, we used quick disconnect terminals (like what comes factory) so it's plug and play with no splicing required. I also wish that you could change the speedometer on the GPS to something else (like you can do the compass) - I don't need two speedometers on my sled, so it would be nice to have something else, like a compass and the time.

Attachments

• IMG_4353.JPEG
    IMG_4353.JPEG
    79.6 KB · Views: 120

Back