• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tunnel block off info please

kokonut

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 XTX Nytro
Anyone know if I can get a tunnel block off here in Canada? anyone here make them?

a lot of people are ordering small sheets of aluminum from McMaster-Carr and making them themselves. They are either covering the opening form on top of the tunnel or are placing the sheet above the tunnel protectors and riveting them in place. Do a search on here and you will see many DIY kits that are inexpensive and easy to do.

Yeah I agree. Make a template out of cardboard then transfer it onto some sheet metal and cut it out. THen just rivet it in. That's all I did.

Made one last month. $12 for a sheet of aluminum and little elbow grease. Template, cut , rivet in that's it. Did mine on top under heat shield.
image.jpg

I made mine also.....
I cut mine to fit under the tunnel protectors and riveted it on to the underside.....
tunnel block off.jpg
tunnel block completed.jpg
I do only have the stock exhaust on my machine, but I think you could make it to go around any pipe....

now if only someone had a 2d template so i could put it in a program and have a machine cut it for me! could prob make them for ppl for 30 plus shipping.

It's a download of a drawing to make a tunnel block off.

The tunnel block off plate eliminates ice build up by preventing snow dust from hitting the hot muffler and rapidly melting and refreezing. I know longer carry an extra 50 lbs. of ice build up in my tunnel.

u ride your nytro yet in fluffy powdery snow? look under the tunnel and see how much ice builds up and it comes through the top of the tunnel and builds up there as well. sometiems down the sides of the tunnel.

And sometimes get so bad that when you hit a bad bump it dislodges the ice and jams it between the side of your track and tunnel, making a noise as though you broke your skid in two!

Back