• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Tunnel flares with bags ?

Fixit156

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Yamaha Viper RTX DX
Hi guys need a little advice. I'm installing tunnel flares on my Viper. Also want to install the rear bag and saddle bags, the bags have hooks that hook into the rear bar. Once I install the tunnel flare will not have that option. The tunnel bag will have a Rotax fuel tank deluxe mount bolted through it. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks Paul

Attachments

• IMG_1660.JPG
    IMG_1660.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 738
  • IMG_1659.JPG
    IMG_1659.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_1658.JPG
    IMG_1658.JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 327
  • IMG_1663.JPG
    IMG_1663.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 310

I installed the saddlebag trunk bag combo on my sled and I had the same problem as the LTX LE came with the tunnel flares. I removed the stock hooks from the saddlebags and fashioned a new longer set out of 316 welding rod 1/8" diameter, flux removed of coarse and then I installed 2 layers of heat shrink tubing on them. Been running 2 years this way with no issues.

Look at the sled build section at dranttelss sidewinder build he riveted some hooks to the side of the bumper for the straps same situation u have

Hi guys need a little advice. I'm installing tunnel flares on my Viper. Also want to install the rear bag and saddle bags, the bags have hooks that hook into the rear bar. Once I install the tunnel flare will not have that option. The tunnel bag will have a Rotax fuel tank deluxe mount bolted through it. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks Paul
I had the same problem on my 16 LE but picked up a couple of small eye bolts at the hardware store and drilled holes above the fender flares fro the rear straps. Works great.

I have a 16 Ltx le that came with the flares and there are two holes on either side behind the flares for the hooks to hold on. 3000km and no issues.

Thank you everyone for the great input. Hellflyer I didn't have the holes in my bumper like you had. I just drill two holes like you had . I mounted my Rotax 1.75 fuel cell like rbell14 did. Here are some pictures of my installation.

Attachments

• IMG_1668.JPG
    IMG_1668.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_1670.JPG
    IMG_1670.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_1671.JPG
    IMG_1671.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_1672.JPG
    IMG_1672.JPG