• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo Dynamics clutch kit

Thanks, I just ordered two XS825 belts from shade tree. I am struggling with the decision to stick with my 35/39 reverse helix or go to the straight 35. I know that the 2020's have gone to the 35/39 but all previous years had the straight 35. Why the change? Any how, guess I will try what I currently have. I just really am hoping for cooler clutches and better belt life.

Thanks, I just ordered two XS825 belts from shade tree. I am struggling with the decision to stick with my 35/39 reverse helix or go to the straight 35. I know that the 2020's have gone to the 35/39 but all previous years had the straight 35. Why the change? Any how, guess I will try what I currently have. I just really am hoping for cooler clutches and better belt life.

the ‘19 SRX has 35/39 also

So... I tried the TD Clutch kit with the XS 825. QAY70 weights loaded initially to 78g as recommended on the chart, secondary wrapped to 6-1 as recommended, glide washers on both sides of the primary spring, was way off. I was only able to pull 8,350 RPM's. I kept removing primary weight and am now down to 73g and still need to pull more as now my RPM's are still only 8,600 - 8,700. I can only go one more size before the weights are empty! Maybe the XS 825 is just not the right belt for this Clutch kit? Nothing else has changed, Hurricane 270 power trail muffler mod, CAI, BOV, 144 trail studs, stock gearing. Should I go back to the 8JP if I cant get the RPM's back to 8,800?

Take all the weight out of it or/and go back to a 35 helix. The XS belt grips so hard I can easily use stock weights on Powertrail SM.

So... I tried the TD Clutch kit with the XS 825. QAY70 weights loaded initially to 78g as recommended on the chart, secondary wrapped to 6-1 as recommended, glide washers on both sides of the primary spring, was way off. I was only able to pull 8,350 RPM's. I kept removing primary weight and am now down to 73g and still need to pull more as now my RPM's are still only 8,600 - 8,700. I can only go one more size before the weights are empty! Maybe the XS 825 is just not the right belt for this Clutch kit? Nothing else has changed, Hurricane 270 power trail muffler mod, CAI, BOV, 144 trail studs, stock gearing. Should I go back to the 8JP if I cant get the RPM's back to 8,800?

You should have researched the correct setup with the XS belt. That recommendation is for the stock 8JP belt. Your close on weight now, just wrap your secondary spring 9-1 now and test.

You are running the Dalton Black/Orange secondary spring I assume?
I will look when I get home. It was a complete kit from TD primary and secondary springs, QAY70 primary weights, and secondary rollers. I currently have a Dalton 35/39 reverse helix but think I might go back to the stock 35.

Run the QAY70 empty with the stock straight 35 and you'll be close. If its the Gen 2 dalton black/orange secondary spring run it at 6-2, Gen 1 6-1.

If it's a bit light, easy to add weight on the trail.

I recently set up an 18 with TD powertrail to work with XS belt. Had to grind the dtya's down to 69.5, running stock 35 and stock springs. That has the revs in the high 8's.

Run the QAY70 empty with the stock straight 35 and you'll be close. If its the Gen 2 dalton black/orange secondary spring run it at 6-2, Gen 1 6-1.

If it's a bit light, easy to add weight on the trail.
If he’s running the 35/39 more wrap is needed. Even with the 35 straight a setting of 10~20 degrees more than what you posted will be much better for the trail. Several guys running 270 tunes I know like it better.

Leave the weight where it’s at and try a more secondary twist imo

If he’s running the 35/39 more wrap is needed. Even with the 35 straight a setting of 10~20 degrees more than what you posted will be much better for the trail. Several guys running 270 tunes I know like it better.
What do I know, been running that power level for 4 years.

What do I know, been running that power level for 4 years.
Every sled is slightly different. No need to get upset, this is what I’m hearing from others with the same exact setup, 2 each his own.

I’m told it’s a snappier trail setup with more wrap, that makes sense too me.

Back