• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Turbo shopping

nitris223

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Yamaha Nytro MTX
Well I think I am finally going to get a turbo for my 2011 nytro mtx. Looking at a used Ulmer Racing Low Boost kit which I think is a mid mount 180 to 210 hp. The others I have been pondering is FPP and MPI or Push turbo ( both seem very similar). 180 hp for flatland riding will be plenty for around here. Some kits have a BOV and some don't. Is a BOV needed on a 180 kit , plus most don't include any gauges so I would need to pick up a A/f gauge and a boost gauge or I have thought about the Koso X2 gauge with A/F, Boost and temperature.

I plan on installing this myself , I am not new to wrench pulling plus I know a few guys that have done their own turbos. I have looked at MCX but the thing I don't like is having to weld to the factory header. If I ever want to put the sled back to stock and sell it I have to shell out for a new header.

On the MPI. I seen ads earlier in the year for $2000 for MPI but they dried up . The ads I found were for back in march and April. Finding them now is to late. I will check Port Washington Yamaha.

Did you try contacting MPI to see if they have any specials? Talk to Kevin if you call into Port.
Contact Robertson Motorsports at Swiftcurrent SK. They have deals on Turbo's for the Nytro. Very helpful and knowledgeable.

Hurricane doesn't sell kits for the nytro, at least it is not listed on his site. The used Ulmer kit I have been looking at is a stage 2 HE from what I can tell 5 psi low elevation and 10 psi high elevation. Comes with a tank , inter cooler and what ever else was part of that kit when he use to sell them. $2500 USD so that's about $2800 CDN plus gauges and shipping cost. The MPI kit is about $3300 CDN plus gauges and shipping cost. Which is the better kit. I checked out FPP, very nice kit but about $4500 CDN plus shipping and gauges. No matter which kit I buy I need gauges or they are recommended, I would feel safer with them as apposed to not having them. Seems like a average of $500 for 2 AEM gauges or one Koso gauge . The MPI kit I am not sure what needs to be done to make it work at low elevation. Tried calling MPI Friday but got nothing, just ring, ring , ring. Maybe try them again Monday.

Hurricane doesn't sell kits for the nytro, at least it is not listed on his site. The used Ulmer kit I have been looking at is a stage 2 HE from what I can tell 5 psi low elevation and 10 psi high elevation. Comes with a tank , inter cooler and what ever else was part of that kit when he use to sell them. $2500 USD so that's about $2800 CDN plus gauges and shipping cost. The MPI kit is about $3300 CDN plus gauges and shipping cost. Which is the better kit. I checked out FPP, very nice kit but about $4500 CDN plus shipping and gauges. No matter which kit I buy I need gauges or they are recommended, I would feel safer with them as apposed to not having them. Seems like a average of $500 for 2 AEM gauges or one Koso gauge . The MPI kit I am not sure what needs to be done to make it work at low elevation. Tried calling MPI Friday but got nothing, just ring, ring , ring. Maybe try them again Monday.

We've had some phone trouble the last few days. We lost all voice mails. They just got everything up and running now. Sorry for problems.

I have used a MPI 180 on my nitro for the last two years and I am happy with it. I have however replaced the gems fuel controller with a Powercommander PTI sled runs great. The reason I went with MPI was cost as I got my Kit for 2300.00 US dollars.

also for flat land mpi kit just don't run over 6lb boost and run good hightest gas

If I could find a MPI kit for $2300 I would buy it right now. Yamaha should have offered nytro owners a deal at $2500 for a kit if they already own a nytro and $1500 if they snow checked . We bought ours a year before they offered the turbo kits. I think the last time I checked some of the dealers here they were $4200 - $4500 CDN for a MPI kit. For that money I would just go with MCXpress or Ulmers. I can't find much about the Alpine rear mount turbo. Anyone running one or know what they are like .

Not a turbo, but there is a supercharger kit for a nitro for sale over on SW. Guy is down to $1500 for it.

Tested a super last year along with a turbo and I preferred the turbo the best. That is a awesome price just the same.

If I still had a nytro I'd be all over it. I do enjoy my turbo apex though:) Good luck with the search.

Back