• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

U.P SNOW REPORT

Anyone who lives in the Midwest, and has some years under their belt, know one thing.......

Patience.
Born and raised in MI, Yes you are right!! I Have a place in Munising and I really don't even look at riding until right at or after Xmas. Sometimes the snow is still light then plus I kinda lay back and let everyone get that first crazy ride out of there system and settle down a bit... lot of crazies....

Last edited:
Rode bridge no mat, no problem. Keweenaw is in good shape for early season riding.

I see some yellow in johndee's forecast. Man that would make for one hell of a new years trip.

Attachments

• Capture2.PNG
    Capture2.PNG
    354.2 KB · Views: 125
I can only hope. Although we will be heading up to the U.P. between Christmas and New Years, it won't be quite that far west. We stay at Curtis but conditions look very favorable for the majority of the U.P.

I can only hope. Although we will be heading up to the U.P. between Christmas and New Years, it won't be quite that far west. We stay at Curtis but conditions look very favorable for the majority of the U.P.
They are calling for the storm out in the northwest to hit the UP towards the end of this week into xmas with some good amounts..The temps next week up there are going to be pretty cold! 10s for highs and 0 every night so timing is right on just could be a cold ride !

They are calling for the storm out in the northwest to hit the UP towards the end of this week into xmas with some good amounts..The temps next week up there are going to be pretty cold! 10s for highs and 0 every night so timing is right on just could be a cold ride !
I'm hoping that cold weather fires up the lake effect guns and it just dumps. That what happened the same time last year. They got like 3ft of snow in about a weeks time right after Christmas and I was right in the middle of it. It was awesome.

I'll be in munising 27-31st. hoping for the best conditions for the first ride of the year!!! Everyone stay safe this holiday season!!!

I'll be in munising 27-31st. hoping for the best conditions for the first ride of the year!!! Everyone stay safe this holiday season!!!
I here ya. I'll be in Houghton the 28th-1st. Really hoping they just get piss pounded with lake effect.

We'll be up in Curtis from the 25th to the 1st. As much as I want lots of snow like others, I'm also hoping Big Manistique lake is sufficiently frozen so we can use it to access trails rather than trailer to McMillan.

So......the monkeys off my back. But still a little itchy. Off all next week with no "to do" list.

who's got the latest update?

Western UP is supposed to get dumped on this weekend according to Johndee. Lets just hope he's right.

Back