• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer Racing Feedback

wavemaster

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SR Viper XTX, Nytro XTX, Phazer FX
I know this is preaching to the chior for a lot of you, but for the new guys looking to get some things done to their Yamahas.

Allan at Ulmer Racing has once again shown me why they are so well respected.

I sent in my clutches off the Viper and was looking for some adjustable weight advice. He called after machining the clutches and went over everything he did as well as my options and his advice on the weights. 30 Minutes on his dime and there was no rush.

This is the way it always is when dealing with Allen, quality work and exceptional customer service. If you need something done and Ulmer offers the service, you can't go wrong.

I can't wait to get his new intake kit in.

Share with us about his new intake and price please. thanks

He dont answar me one mail, i want to buy clutch kit to nytro turbo frome him. Norway.dan

Sent fra min D6603 via Tapatalk

He is a one man show and is slammed right now I know he has 2 turbo builds of mine and several others in the shop right now not to mention all the machining and clutch work he will get back to you or try him again

I have wait about 3-4 mounts

Sent fra min D6603 via Tapatalk

He is a one man show and is slammed right now I know he has 2 turbo builds of mine and several others in the shop right now not to mention all the machining and clutch work he will get back to you or try him again
do you have any experience with the clutch kit he sells for the 190 trail turbo. i orderd my self a kit and plan on putting it in . do you think i will have to do much messing with it if i set it up the way the ulmer instuctions say. from what i read it is supposed to be set up once and leave it.

thanks

I got my clutch kit from MPI for my trail turbo. It is the exact same one Ulmer has.

do you have any experience with the clutch kit he sells for the 190 trail turbo. i orderd my self a kit and plan on putting it in . do you think i will have to do much messing with it if i set it up the way the ulmer instuctions say. from what i read it is supposed to be set up once and leave it.

thanks

There is always a bit of tuning to get it dead on if you want it to run to 9000 and stay there. It is easy to add a little weight if it needs it. They call the kit a 190 kit but there seems to be a slight bit of HP diff between the kits and even conditions will change the ultimate output. You can run it as it comes if all you are doing is trail or boon docking. If you are a die hard drag racer than a little tweak may help times.

I am running his kit in my 14 now with 252 hp that is going right now to 320+. My 15 is getting the old mpi put in it now and those clutches are moving from the 14 to the 15 and Allen is building me a new clutch for the 14 with the HP increase.

I ran Hauck's in it the 1st (2014) year and chased it all season after Ulmer re-set it up with his, it was dead on all last season except when the power caused the track to spin on launch or I was drag racing on the ice track, then I was banging the rev limiter but that was due to track spin.

Back