• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ulmer Racing MPI 8 lb to 12 lb upgrade..more boost more fun.

Here is a couple of dyno graphs from Tom's build.

Tom's setup is with a .092" thick head gasket which lowers his compression to about 8.5:1 which is ultra safe for pump fuel.

Tom's stock "baseline runs" on his MPI trail turbo. Setup @ 3.5 lbs on low boost & 5 lbs on high boost.

This is Tom's altered runs. You can see the boost comes on quicker & pulls through top end longer as well. It was 90 degrees when we were dynoing, so overall power numbers are likely down slightly.

Wow that is interesting 13 more hp at the track on mine with the low compression pistons. Is his set up about the same as mine otherwise?

Wow that is interesting 13 more hp at the track on mine with the low compression pistons. Is his set up about the same as mine otherwise?

You are 10:1 compression, Tom is about 1.5 compression points lower (which will result in slightly less power). You also have different driver sizes & track pitches between the sleds, which alters the track hp some as well. Tom will have no need for race gas at all (he could go up to 14 lbs on pump fuel if he chooses). It also wasn't 90 degrees when I dynoed your hot rod either. Tom's setup is geared 10 mph higher than yours as well.

Allen. I see a degree wheel on the engine in one of the pics but nothing mentioned about it in the write up. I've got a degree wheel but I'll need to pick your brain some when I do mine. I can time the cam on a small or big block chevy in my sleep.....dual overhead cams not much experience

• Put silicon on exhaust gasket
  • Reinstall turbo, waste gate, air filter, opposite of removal steps
View attachment 109635 View attachment 109636
  • Reinstall and re-route oil lines, coolant lines for oil separator and thermostat housing
View attachment 109637
  • Install 4th injector kit and updated fuel pump
View attachment 109638 View attachment 109639
  • On throttle bodies, use another screw driver to remove screws, see photo
View attachment 109640 View attachment 109641
  • See photos showing modifications to inter-cooler
  • Fuel hose needed was about 5 1/2"
View attachment 109642 View attachment 109643 View attachment 109644
What are the two bungs on header pipe for

• Put silicon on exhaust gasket
  • Reinstall turbo, waste gate, air filter, opposite of removal steps
View attachment 109635 View attachment 109636
  • Reinstall and re-route oil lines, coolant lines for oil separator and thermostat housing
View attachment 109637
  • Install 4th injector kit and updated fuel pump
View attachment 109638 View attachment 109639
  • On throttle bodies, use another screw driver to remove screws, see photo
View attachment 109640 View attachment 109641
  • See photos showing modifications to inter-cooler
  • Fuel hose needed was about 5 1/2"
View attachment 109642 View attachment 109643 View attachment 109644
I see that but where I'm teeing into 3/16 line but seems like ur Missing a step

Im asking my selfs is It a good idear to put thos électronics module on the clutch Gard what apen if you blow a Belt ???

Im asking my selfs is It a good idear to put thos électronics module on the clutch Gard what apen if you blow a Belt ???
Well that's where my gems was dealer installed with no issues and that's where my PCV is going back in place of the gems

Have you gotten any seat time on this thing yet Mrsled?

Back