• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

under tunnel dump location?

..SNAKEBIT..

Expert
So I have read lots of posts on this BUT
WHAT IS THE BEST LOCATION TO END THE EXHAUST
09 Nytro MTX: Vector Excel header and a micron silencer
hung the silencer from the stock metal support and it dumps real close to the flap?
concerned about running in the powder

the futher back in the tunnel toward the flap you go, the less likely you will have a snow injestion problem. look where the snow is cast off the track paddles and adjust accordingly.

truely, the only time snow can actually get in the end of the pipe is when you have the throttle completely closed coasting to a stop, and some wet heavy cast off gets thrown in. it is not a high probablity it will happen often.

it will never happen under full throttle no matter how deep the snow gets. the outward blow of exhaust is powerful at all throttle positions, it will keep the pipe clear almost 100% of the time. ski

I dont think I will have a problem, I think the Micron is with-in 6" of the flap and its oval and mounted flat so the outlet is pointing toward the right rear corner out of the tunnel.
I will try to get a pics this week-end.

Ski I was thinking of running the 20/40 gearing in Iowa and just buy a 18t for the Snowies, what ya think?

i ran the 20-40 here there and everywhere. i bought a 19 but never put it in. tough call. gearing is a personal preference. i thought the 20-40 was ok. ski

dooboy, are you missing us? now that you are formerly dooboy, and formerly Nytroboy...

what is your next scooter? gettin an M?

little bird told me he picked up a M8
so I guess its Catboy,
Maybe he should put the wife on it cause Catwoman sounds better LOL

never think of anyone but Halle as CatWoman...She ruined that for anyother soul on earth...

I have a small dirt bike muffler I'm trying out this year. I've tried all the under tunnel stuff and getting sick of the snow buildup on and in the tunnel.
I'm thinking of mounting it under the tunnel with rubber isolators and using braided aircraft hose from the pipe to the muffler and take it just past the snow flap and wrapping the last 3 ft in exaust wrap.
Any suggestions before I screw things up?

I just picked up a tunnel dump exhaust thats designed for a mtx. It is identical to the 600 dollar version from tachycardia but its a third of the cost. If you guys are interested the guy who makes them has one on ebay right now. heres the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-N ... 500wt_1182

That should work if not just go to ebay and search nytro under tunnel exhaust. I have the pipe now but my sleds not back from getting the meth kit on and turbo. My sled is an xtx and I think I will have to do some tweaking. But the price/quality are amazing and for the price you just cant beat it. So hope this helps some one out. You have to make a couple pieces I think for the final instal or modify some of the stock pieces. I was so stoked when I found this, again I hope this helps some one out

Back