• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Upgrade Exhaust - Who has experience with this?

Shadow44 I also have the Schmidt bros stage 2 kit, so it would be fine to run the full hindle exhaust, air box mod and fuel programer from Dave at hurricane with that clutch kit ? Im just asking to see if I can save some money on the clutch kit.
Thanks in advance

You would be fine to run the SB2 kit with Daves full kit....I do, however mine had heavier rivets put in the weights. I bought my clutch kit used from another member on here, and he had it set up for the Hurricane kit. I was over revving last season by 2-300 rpm so I may try a different helix with a steeper finish angle to see if that helps. I still think the Drag n Flys worked way better but the SB kit is nice for low speed, especially for loading in a trailer or on my ramp.

I was told Excell was not overly loud and it isnt. It is just a little loud lol. I told my wife I was thinking of going back to stock and she says my sled sounds nice. Still have the flex pipes though and I had to repack the muffler after a few years. I also have a clutch kit, K&N filters and a pc5 with some performance improvements.

My son has a video on You Tube of my sled with the Excell exhaust. Check out Braap Filmz on You Tube.

Hi Shadow44
I'm not much into knowing about over Reving
Clutch system always a mystery to me lol
I have a MPI Charger on mine along with Gems controller (on sled when I bought it)
I just wanna be able to putt along (5km-40km) with out sled bucking like a bronco.
Not worried about top end speed.
I bought the YPY spring and 14.5 rollers through my Yamaha dealer.$190 Canadian versus the SB $425US trying to save a few bucks.
Now I want alittle sound too. I've tried MBRP that can lasted 100km. Too dam annoying unless your 18 years old. Kid
I am thinking Hindle because they sound good on crotch rockets.
If the full Hindle kit added like 15-25 hp I mite go that way.
But I'd be happy with the slip on. But I see hurricane only offers the 16" slip on I beleave
And I was reading somewhere someone had a 20" slip on ( much quieter or muffled they said)
Just looking for how you say more refined sound. Nothing annoying just nice is all.

You can only buy a slip on in a 16" and the muffler for the full system comes in 20" due to the design of the header. so if it's a muffler only that you want, you must use the 16" slip on. I have a sound clip on you tube if you search. I'm not sure if Hindle is still making the slip on but you can ask Dave or if I'm at Hindles shop I can ask. With regards to sound/tone, Hindle has a more pleasing sound than MBRP.

It does look like their still selling it. Going by website but says 2008-2011. Have to call them to make sure. Mines 2013
I seen the sound clip from Hindle. (Driving Nytro around building ) sounds good from video. But just wish I could hear one in person Is all.
I work in Brockville so Hurricane only maybe 15 minutes away if their in Prescott

Is your video under shadow44?

Found your video. Accually watched it a few times before. To me that sounds more like the crotch rockets. Nice and mellow.
"Your stealth baffle " is that the same as "DB sound reducer" from Hurricane? If so where does that piece fit in?

I made that vid a long time ago and don't really remember. I believe it had the removable DB reducer that Hindle offers. It slides in the core from the front of the muffler and pushes back to the exit.

Last edited:
Had an incident the other night and the pipe broke at the weld just before it goes into the exhaust.

I could replace just the collector but since it is apart and the whole system is old, I am leaning towards upgrading the whole shooting match.

Hindle looks like a good system and gets rid of flex pipes.

What have others experienced?

Not looking to make a lot of noise, and want to maintain performance.

Any comments would be welcome.
Thanks
MS
I currently have a complete hurricane/hindle stealth system it makes great power, fit and finish is second to none and runs out very nice but it has a sharp bark when cracking the throttle and sounds like a crotch rocket running down trail! I must say its a bit too much noise for me so I will be installing the stock exhaust later this week.

That's what I've been running into myself. Every muffler I've heard. Seems to have that annoying sound at throttle crack.
I've herd Hindle sound clips and they do sound nice and idle and slow driving .
I mite just stay with stock. It does sound nice for stock and you can hear yourself think.
Dam I must be getting soft in my old age lol

h
I currently have a complete hurricane/hindle stealth system it makes great power, fit and finish is second to none and runs out very nice but it has a sharp bark when cracking the throttle and sounds like a crotch rocket running down trail! I must say its a bit too much noise for me so I will be installing the stock exhaust later this week.

Have you tried adding the DB reducer that inserts into the muffler? It knocks about 4 DB off and takes the sharpness out. I've been advising people to run it for years.

Not sure what you mean by drone...I've never had exhaust drone. I've run every configuration of the Hindle exhaust and never experience drone. I have experienced it on an Apex with an exhaust...that was horrible.
The Air box mod is noisy, aside from removing it you'll never quiet that. The DB reducer takes out the sharpness out of the exhaust at WOT....only way I can describe it. At cruising speed it's very quiet.

I think what hyprst ment was do you hear a constant exhaust note while at cruising speed?so at cruising speed it is quiet?
How about taking off at a steady speed ? Is it a constant note or more of the sharpness note?
If it's quiet at take offs and at cruising speeds I mite be interested in buying a system.

Here's a question for you. With the Hindle exhaust can you still hear the ski's going across the snow like the stock exhaust?

So by sounds of it. If your going to get the system make sure you get the DB reducer with it.
I love the looks of system very nice compared to others. It's just a shame I'd have to try and keep it hidden is all.

Is it worth getting whole system ( eg horse power gains, feel of the pants difference) or can I just get away with the muffler

the power gain of the entire system is very noticeable and runs out with impressive results for being a na sled. I ran it against my stock nytro and it pulls away from it sled lengths at any speed.

Back