• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Upper/Lower ball joints...?

nytroman21

Country
USA
Snowmobile
08 nytro
How hard are they to change for a newbie?? Mine are pretty sloppy and the dealer wants like 600 bucks to do them. Plus aftermarket parts look to be way cheaper. Who do you guys recommend for parts? Zbroz? Also, is there anything else in front end I should do while i'm at it? Thanks guys.

Yamaha has a 2 piece updated version on the lowers and I think Ulmer may sell a oil-lite split version for the lowers. Tops are fairly easy, the bottoms are snug and are held in by a e-clip. You can pull them out with a bolt and a couple sockets with washers ... I have a 2 piece tool that I use. If you actually posted where you live in the US in your profile I may be able to barrow it to you... why not fill in your location and lets us all in on the big secrete ....

Yamaha has a 2 piece updated version on the lowers and I think Ulmer may sell a oil-lite split version for the lowers. Tops are fairly easy, the bottoms are snug and are held in by a e-clip. You can pull them out with a bolt and a couple sockets with washers ... I have a 2 piece tool that I use. If you actually posted where you live in the US in your profile I may be able to barrow it to you... why not fill in your location and lets us all in on the big secrete ....
The Yamaha parts are awful pricey. I'll look into Ulmer, ive read some good things about them. Just hoping I can do this on my own, don't have the money right now for the dealer to do it. Sorry for the lame profile, just started here. I did some updating tho. :rocks:

The Yamaha parts are awful pricey. I'll look into Ulmer, ive read some good things about them. Just hoping I can do this on my own, don't have the money right now for the dealer to do it. Sorry for the lame profile, just started here. I did some updating tho. :rocks:

Where is that in IL?

I order my parts from cyclrpartswarehouse.com. Even with being in Canada it is still cheaper if I order a few things that I need on the same order.

I order my parts from cyclrpartswarehouse.com. Even with being in Canada it is still cheaper if I order a few things that I need on the same order.

I order all my parts from a Vendor on this site "PortYamaha.com" with a pretty nice discount.

you can get the Yamaha ball joints from Procaliber.com for $50 each. way cheaper than anyone else. they have the Yamaha microfiche online on their site so you can look up parts for anything Yamaha and get it way cheaper than anywhere else.

Back