• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

USCC FIRST RACE GONVICK 12-20-2008

xc_phazer137

Expert
Well its friday morning and I am at work, cant's wait to go racing tomorrow. It seames like for ever sence last year's race season ended.

I am excited to see a few more riders racing Phazers Guys like Tom and Seth for sure I know of right now. Hope to see more out there.

I will Give a after race report with pictures. I know Seth, Tom and I really appreciate all you comments, question and support.

I have a good freind name Ryan Greening that is a Out standing MX racer who will be racing a sled for the first time this weekend, He will be on a Phazer also.

Well I have to get back to work. Once again I look forward to A fun, safe and action packed Saturday.
Thank you all for your suport.

#137 :flag:

If you click on there today you might catch some footage of USCC races from a couple years ago. I'm just playing around with different quality settings and compressors to see how small of a stream we can get and still have decent quality.

I'm guessing once they get out there the wireless connection will be 56k (basically dial up). So far the smallest I can get the entire stream and actually have video that's worth anything is about 120k.

So it might just be audio tomorrow. Kind of like trying to put 120 lbs of s**t in a 50 lb bag. I hope I'm wrong though, and the internet connection is stronger than that. Maybe they will be able to get onto someones high speed wireless network in Gonvick? Maybe they don't even have high speed there, I don't know.

Also, if you catch anything today the audio is just some tunes off my mp3 player, tomorrow there will be play by play commentary by USCC's legendary announcer, Don Jorstad.

Is yamaha racing the nytros this years and if so who are the pilots at the controls?

low slung said:
Is yamaha racing the nytros this years and if so who are the pilots at the controls?

I'm sure someone is racing a Nytro, not sure who though. Davidson went back to Polaris.

Well, the wireless internet card doesn't work at the race site. So we're trying to pick up the audio broadcast signal at a local cafe that has high speed and get it on the web. If you've been on the site this morning, it doesn't sound so good! But, we're still trying a few things so keep checking back!

Sno-Xr said:
low slung said:
I believe its Ian Hayden and Steve Taylor

Yeah they are the Yamaha factory Snocross racers, but not sure about the Yamaha Cross Country race team.

Okay folks, everything seems to be working well enough that you'll at least be able to hear the audio coverage. The quality isn't the best and you can hear some background noise from the red rooster cafe in Gonvick, LOL, but this was backup plan C or maybe even D. At least now we know exactly what will be needed for the broadcast at the next race.

At 10:00 the first race of the year is off, Pro Open followed by Semi Pro Improved. Once the races start there will be coverage by USCC announcers Don Jorstad and Chad Colby. There will probably be just some cafe background noise until then, ha ha......you can catch up on all of the Gonvick gossip.........

Back