• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Use the "PREMIUM COMBINATION TANK BAG" on a Ventur

mooseflyer

Expert
Anybody using this tank bag on a Venture GT? All the ads for them on Ebay claim that it will fit, but the Yamaha accessories website doesn't say that it will. It's part # SMA-8FP83-DX-00. Thanks.

Attachments

• Tank bag.jpg
    Tank bag.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 135

And yet this picture, posted on the Yamaha accessories website, appears to show the bag actually installed on a Venture?!?!? Note what appears to be the passenger handgrip wind shield in the photo?

Attachments

• bag on venture.jpg
    bag on venture.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 129
IMO...the new(er) Yamaha accessories website leaves a lot to be desired!!!!

It looks like a map bag for a apex chassis , or newer vector in that chassis . Not saying it won't work , my buddy put his polaris edge mapbag on his apex and worked well . I just listed a map bag off my 06 vector yaesterday on eBay if you want one .

I have that exact bag on my venture and my wife's vector. They work great and have no isses.

Sometimes with the Yamaha accessory site if you don't select the correct model sled it won't give you the correct info and sometimes it's just wrong.

Back