• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

v max 4 question

You should be able to find a very clean 96 for $2500.

I had a 95 with PSI pipes and a cylinder lift. I was getting about 175hp. That was a fast sled! I gps'd the sled at 120mph. Fun on the lake but not so much on the trail. Wicked acceleration!

I know mine is not a Vmax 4 but I have a '96 Vmax 600 and I really enjoy getting mine out every once in a while. I really feel that body style Vmax was the meanest looking machine Yamaha ever built. The ride sucks though but it turns heads. My Vmax has 5600 original miles on it and still darn near mint condition. Still turns heads.

I still have a 93 with PSI quads and 180 fire. it has a 136 track with M-10 I have owned from new and have bought and sold a lot of sleds but cant seem to part with the old iron. Its fun to show up at vintage rides with that, it sounds awesome and can still hold its own on the lake.

I've still got my 94 that i bought new. Over the years it has been upgraded to quite a weapon. Lifted cylinders, welded crank, 800 y pipes and pipes, 800 drive line and stingers. I only ride it in the spring on the lake when it flattens out. Very impressive power, pulls hard out of the hole and has really good top end, runs 120 mph on gps. Always gets noticed anywhere i go and sounds like nothing else.
The 95-97 800s are the ones to buy, they have better clutches, one piece jack shaft, heavier duty gears and chain and welded crank right from the factory. They make good power stock and with proper clutching and gearing will run 120mph+ all day long.
IMG-20140426-00134.jpg

Back