• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Valves in head

1nc 2000

Lifetime Member Tim
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha FX Nytro RTX SE
What part is wearing prematurely to require a valve adjustment?
Valve stem?
Seat on valve?
Valve stretching?
Seat in head wearing?
I would rather fix the issue than do a valve adjustment every 6000 miles.

Are the valves tight or loose? if the valves are tight, its the valve face wearing into the seat. Its normal to loose some clearance when the engine is braking in, mostly on the exhaust side. Once the engine is broke in you shouldn't see much wear after that. If they are constantly loose when you check them, you have other issues. Years ago Yamaha had an issue with valve stems mushrooming on their genesis engines but I doubt that is an issue anymore.

Common issue. Exhaust valves get tight.
Starts hard and won't idle cold.

What part is wearing prematurely to require a valve adjustment?
Valve stem?
Seat on valve?
Valve stretching?
Seat in head wearing?
I would rather fix the issue than do a valve adjustment every 6000 miles.
Not sure what is wearing. I know some people think that it could be heat related since the engine is rotated 180.

I think that the valve seat material on some engines is not as good as it used to be. Remember when they started having issues with soft piston rods around 2015. My 2014 was one of the early vipers with the engine parts probably coming from old stock and it hasn’t had any problems. And you don’t see earlier 1049 triples in vectors and ventures needing valves adjusted so soon. Just my 2 cents anyway. Quality control slipped when they started cutting corners.

Back