• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Venture Lite Ice Boogers

hey guys... From CBS NL presently in Gagetown NB..2008 MP... had some electrical issues last year... couldn't get back to post results something happened to my account on here... couldn't get back on... oh well here now... electrical issues last year..? ground plug...changed all relays to solid state ... not an overly pricey fix... satisfied... love the sled...but, and this is why I am on this thread trying to find a fix for the tunnel icing... I can see the threads on the side of the track...put less than 500 K on it this year so far... wondering when I am going to have to buy another track...can't these R&D clowns at Yamaha come up with a fix for this..? it's enough to put a man over the edge... now where's me rum..?

I just replaced my track last year with about 9000km. Don't bother trying to find the exact same track unless you want to fork close to $1000 to Yamaha. Even Tracks USA can't get them. I put in a 144 x 15 x 1.5 Crossover track. So I lose 1" of floatation but the traction and handling characteristics are great.

thanx lads... looks like a pretty easy and inexpensive fix... Bomba... did you say it was a 3" pipe..?... oh well... I will measure it all up,head into Fredericton and see if I can find me what I need..probably wouldn't hurt to wrap everything as well...
Moose.. I think I might get some more miles out of this track if I can sort the boogers out... I have seen tracks in a lot worse shape ..just hate to see it getting worse over stupid stuff...

Mine had a few torn lugs before I swapped it. Could have been from the boogers since I never really did anything about it.

Good afternoon. I am a recent mp owner of an 08 which I am sure was sold due to the icing issue. simple fix and cheap. I had local sheet metal shop bend me a 20 gauge piece of aluminum 40 inches long, 17 3/16 wide(finished width) with 1 inch bends on both sides to attach to the tunnel. (40 bucks) I had to undo the rear susp bolts and lift for access. Installed the sheet leaving 2 inch opening at the rear and it is open at the front of the tunnel to make sure there was air flow. drilled 4 pilot holes, 2 per side, for # 8 stainless sheet metal screws, used the bolt mount for the rear rack tunnel and finished in under an hour. This has virtually eliminated the icing problem but it does make the sled a bit louder as it rumbles under the tunnel. Much easier fix than adding in redoing the exhaust. I have also installed the solid state fuel pump relay and the steering bearing kit. So far after 300 k in some pretty cold temps -26 I am happy with the sled.

Cool and welcome to the forum! Do you have any pics of your setup? Did you wrap the exhaust to insulate the heat? What's the heat on the deck like?

thanx lads... looks like a pretty easy and inexpensive fix... Bomba... did you say it was a 3" pipe..?... oh well... I will measure it all up,head into Fredericton and see if I can find me what I need..probably wouldn't hurt to wrap everything as well...
Moose.. I think I might get some more miles out of this track if I can sort the boogers out... I have seen tracks in a lot worse shape ..just hate to see it getting worse over stupid stuff...
No I know it's not 3" but I don't remember the exact measurement - probably <2"; was able to get a flexible pipe from Canadian tire that fit right on there and then the tip is larger with an adapter in between (the exhaust parts were all automotive parts from CT)

After living with the Ice buildup since 08 I saw a suggestion to try spraying with Fluid Film which apparently reduces ice buildup. I coated the tunnel with it this week and after 40km. and I have little or no buildup. Hopefully I can get some new powder to see if it will help but at $12.00 a can not exactly inexpensive. Will update if we can get more snow.

pam/cooking spray works too. done it a few times with spraying on vegtable oil.

Back