• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Very confused and need help.

yammynutz

Gents, i am leaving the 2 stroke world for the life of a 4 stroke. Problem is. I am a huge fan of the looks of the 2009 Nytro xtx. My dealer let me take out an 08 demo nytro for 4 hours and i hated it. Handled like crap. My sx 700 pro-action carves like a dream. Just let off the throttle in a corner and the skis plant and turn like it is on rails. This demo Nytro was god ugly to turn. Also hated the engine brake. Throttle was to touchy as well. Could not get any confidence in it, would not perform. Long story short. He gave me a 2009 Nytro to try and it was a dream. Totally different sled. Powerful, could lift the skis at any time, and with a little tweaking i could make it suit my type of riding. So, i am back to wanting a Nytro and my only problem is this. I do a lot of trail riding with a little bit of lake running. All my 4 stroke buddies argue over 121 vs 136 skid. Speed vs ride. I am 45. 220 lbs and want more comfort in my ride but i also like to mix it up with the young bucks to get the adrenaline going as well. All the long track owners scream buy the long track and all the 121 guy's say you loose way to much top end. I really love the look of the XTX but you can't get one in a 136 just 146. Should i get the xtx 146 or stay with the 121 skid. How do these xtx's perform? My dealer does not have one to demo. I don't mind shaving off a little top end on the lake for big comfort in the trails, but i don't want to get left way behind either. Please help. I really do not want to buy the wrong sled. If the xtx is a tuff sled to ride in the tight trails, i can't afford to sell it to go back to a 121 skid. All help greatly advised. :yam: :jump:

The Yamaha's have not had as big as expected drop in speed with the longer tracks Attacks are just as fast as Apex's. The XTX is supposed to be great in tight and twisty trails, I am told the 6 degree tip up at 121 really works, by everyone who had ridden them. I have several buddies who rode the XTX and want it for there next sled- they loved it on the trail.

The engine breaking grows on ya.

Yamadoo

08 has no power? Handles bad I can see,Change the skis and set her up and she will handle just fine. But no power? The 08 and 09 Nytros are the same motor! Why not get an RTX or an RTX SE both 09 models?

Back