• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Vibration that goes away

fx-treme

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 SR VIPER LTX SE
I had a bad vibration coming from the tunnel by my feet. started at the start of the trip at about 25 mph lasted a minute or two then went away happen then again a few miles later. Then on a 250 mile trip never happened again. Thinking it might be a drive bearing going. What do you guys think? Season is too short to be broke down.

Had the same symptoms, vibration was only there for a short time, mostly left side running board and then became RPM related. I was told it was the trail, ice in the track, belt and everything but the bearings. Get your sled looked at as soon as you can if you can not do it your self. May only need a half day in the shop at this point and you won't be getting towed in from the trail.

I get this left side running board vibration now and then. I lean towards snow conditions or ice build up as its happened sporadically for all of the 10k miles on my sled. Its usually on the way back into town on a bumpy trail after a long ride when I have time to think about it.

Run it on a stand and watch the brake rotar. If it is not seated on the shaft square it will not run true and can cause vibrations / and movement on the side of the tunnel. Mostly noticeable at lower rpms. Place your palm on the side of the tunnel beside the rotar as it running, you can feel it.

Seems simple enough, but I had loctited the bearing on the shaft and had alignment issues - the result was crazy. Those three little 10mm bolts did not draw the caliber assembly onto the shaft evenly. Had to tear it all apart.
MS

Had this happen on a few Sidewinders. I think its the inner race spinning on the shaft on the left side, once I fixed and added the BOP Expander, I know longer hear or feel it. How many miles?

3600 miles. only happened twice at the beginning of a trip. Lasted a minute or 2 and went away. Sled was in the garage and completely ice free, took it out within 5 minutes was the first time it happened then about 10 miles after happened again then good for a 250 ride. Hoping to get through the season then checking all bearings this spring.

3600 miles. only happened twice at the beginning of a trip. Lasted a minute or 2 and went away. Sled was in the garage and completely ice free, took it out within 5 minutes was the first time it happened then about 10 miles after happened again then good for a 250 ride. Hoping to get through the season then checking all bearings this spring.

I have had bad rollers make noises at random RPMs as well.

Found the vibration problem. Drive bearing is completely gone. Only the inner race left on the brake side. Went 250 miles with it bad. Glad I made it home and checked. Time to replace all 4 bearings at 3200 miles.

Bearing behind the secondary clutch or bearing behind the brake rotor?

The bearing behind the brake rotor was shot. These are original bearings just repacked the Jack shaft bearing it was dry but in good shape. There was nothing left to the drive bearing except the inner race.

Back