• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Gauge Function and Look.

DigitalFusion said:
Yeah, I think its cheap and ugly looking, but loving all those functions!

X2 I like the look and function of an analog tachometer.

Daranello said:
all i see is a cat key and ac plug....the sleds a cat with a nytro motor....wow what innovation

Precisely the point w/the entire Viper sled! It's not an innovation, it's merely an integration!!!!!! A Lincoln MKX is a Ford Edge. A Viper is a Cat. End of story.

Back to the gauge, I would also much prefer the analog style tach of the Vector/Apex to digital. But for where I ride I really apreciate a compass when the fog drops in when I'm on my way home at night.
The altimeter isn't a real asset, I don't really care if I'm at 1800 feet or 1900 feet.

Before someone jumps allover my last post, Yes I do carry a GPS but it would be more convient to have the compass displayed.

So i read somewhere, that the new gauge is provided by the same company who is providing the new fuel injection system. I was talking to a yamaha canada rep on the weekend who told me the both Yamaha and Cat changed injection providers in order to reduce cost. I guess it could be possible that gauge is required to interface with whatever type of bus is provided with the injection CPU unit? If it is a propritary interface that may explain a few things.

I found the gage VERY hard to read while i was riding a demo model..loved all the info on it though..was just very cluttered and tough to tell speed as it looked similar to all the other numbers riding..

Anyone know what color the backlighting is? I love the blue that some guys have had done with the nytro gauge. Blue/white are the best(easiest) to read imo.

I love the Apex gauge and even though this appears to be harder to read, I'm not sure I really care. How often do you really look when riding? I glance at mine pretty rarely when on the move.

Back