• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper LTX weight

It's possible your floor has a high spot at the RF where you scaled the sled. By high spot I mean an 1/8 of an inch or more. We use a laser level on the race car scales to make sure they are all on the same plane with each other. It won't affect the total at all but it will mess around with the corner weights depending on how far out the scale pads are.

Stolen from another forum.

"Both have a gallon of fuel, all liquids and 8 pounds in straps. So minus 8lbs Of straps and that's your number

"

Attachments

• Viper XTX.jpg
    Viper XTX.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 657
  • Shorty.jpg
    Shorty.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 533
  • Nytro.jpg
    Nytro.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 535
Hey guys I just weighed the battery from my XF and it is a whopping 14 lbs! Substituting this battery with a lightweight unit as well as replacing the stock muffler should give a very balanced weight savings of 20-25 lbs. Just a thought.

You know the funny thing is when I am at a rest stop people come up and say "real nice looking sled what does it weigh"? I say to them "I am not sure and dont care I am not carrying it on my back I am just riding it"! :jump:
:rocks: :4STroke: :yam:

Lighter weight is better for the machine, the rider, flotation, fuel economy, hp, fatigue, etc. To each his own but I would rather take the weight savings. This year I removed the electric start and battery for 22 lbs savings, replaced the can with an Aaen for 16 lbs, the seat for 5 lbs and a arms and skis for 5 lbs. also, I am 10 lbs lighter so this year I am 58 lbs lighter on the snow. That is nothing to sneeze at.

I have ridden sleds that seem TOO light, they react to every trail surface and act "twitchy". When you ride high speed trails some weight adds to the stability. A lot depends on the type of trails and riding you do. The weight to me is not a hugh factor, I know some that obsess over it.

Lighter weight is better for the machine, the rider, flotation, fuel economy, hp, fatigue, etc. To each his own but I would rather take the weight savings. This year I removed the electric start and battery for 22 lbs savings, replaced the can with an Aaen for 16 lbs, the seat for 5 lbs and a arms and skis for 5 lbs. also, I am 10 lbs lighter so this year I am 58 lbs lighter on the snow. That is nothing to sneeze at.
So how the heck are you starting this sled with no electric starter? How is your shoulder?

I ride with skidoo guys and that's all they talk about. I'm in pretty good shape so maybe that helps but I've done over 300 miles in one day and ready for more but some of the other guys backs hurt. I've never been fatuiged or sore from my Heavy #*$&@ nytro. I do have it set up very nice for myself so I'm sure that makes a huge difference never fighting it and we ride very hard. Everyone's different though.

My favorite quote regarding snowmobile weight was by our Late TY tuner Turk(lost to Cancer if I remember right).

He would say," we're I am from we ride our sleds we don't carry them".

I understand in the deep snow of the mountains, weight is a much bigger deal than for us flatland trail riders.
I think the argument will go on forever.

The deep snow guys need to realize we flatlanders have much more trouble finding snow deep enough to ride or groom than ever getting stuck in deep snow. So to spend money or time to save the weight of a few gallons of gas is not, "WORTH IT". Not because we are stupid it's because we ride in different conditions. We flat landers need to do the same.

That is a huge difference in right side weight. How do you accomplish the same using FOX FLOATS? Thanks

We have floats and I run the same pressure even though the right side is heaver. I have put a few more PSI on the right side but really didn't feel a difference in riding or handling. When your playing in the deep the sled feels feather light to either side, very very flickable. My point here is once your in the snow the weight wont even cross your mind, its not even noticeable.

Let is Snow!

Back