• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper on Water

Apex2006

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
Yamaha Sidewinder SRX-LE 2019
Yamaha Sidewinder XTX 141 2017
Yamaha Viper XTX 2015
Yamaha Sno Scoot 2018
Ski-Doo Renegade XRS 850 2020
Crosses water like a dream, smooth and long!!!!

That's one of the coolest pictures I've seen a while!! Keep them coming. :pics:

how far have you gone on the water? Do you have the frog skin vent open at the front of the clutch?

newtron said:
how far have you gone on the water? Do you have the frog skin vent open at the front of the clutch?

We are pretty cold here but we have one that is about 200 feet and it picks up speed before I hit ice again. I think it will run as long as you want. No I don't have the frogskin covered so make sure you dont follow anyone in the water. Followed a buddy yesterday and the water did come through and started making the belt slip. Lesson learned, but if you lead, no problem :sled1:

we are always crossing a little open water on our rides so I have some black duct tape covering it up on the inside of the frog skin. Was wondering if I needed it or not. Nice to keep the clutches as cool as possible but don't want to sink it

buckeye rider said:
That's one of the coolest pictures I've seen a while!! Keep them coming. :pics:

X2 Very cool pic!

sorenson1610 said:
:Rockon:

Is the picture messing with me or does it look like one ski is set back from the other?

Haha, yes it looks like that but my right ski may have been raised up a little bit on the water. Just in case, I went out in the garage and checked - perfect LOL! ;)!

I was thinking of closing off my stock vent and routing some duct from higher up down to the clutches for that same reason. I love to run water but am always scared of getting water in the clutches and going for a cold swim. Has anyone else done this yet.

Pretty brave taking a picture at 70mph. Great picture none the less.

My 2014 XF7000 has a clutch vent.

013%20Clutch%20%20Vent_zps7xcv2pgj.jpg

Frog Skinz or not, I'd be reluctant to try. I've dunked other sleds before. Dang that water's cold!:brrr:

Back