• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Race Team Exhaust

WTF Terry?! Did I read that right? 4 Vipers and a fifth one coming boosted?!?! Very jealous but looking forward to those vids...did u have to clutch with just the MBRP can?

Trevorl1 Do you have any Pics or vids of can up close? Or is it a full exhaust? I would be very interested to see and hear it. Also if in Winnipeg where did you buy it? Can't find their website

Mr. Sled - Straight Line or Starting Line ?

I assume full Header and Exhaust needs clutching for sure?

Thanks again for the help guys.

LOL, I don't own all those Vipers hardcor_32, I only have the one Viper. These are neighbors of mine and close friends. I do own 8 sleds tho and they are all Yamaha ;)!

Yes, I had to re-clutch after the can was installed as the stock muffler is very restrictive. Once re-clutched....It didn't matter which can went on that I tested... but yes...you will need to re-clutch a little otherwise you will be hitting the rev limiter a lot.

Now, switching over to a Gates belt did bring my rpm's down. That I found out. So....with that said, anyone putting on a can would probably be ok with changing over to a Gates belt without changing clutching. I have not tried this yet but from my notes, I would predict it to work.

LOL, I don't own all those Vipers hardcor_32, I only have the one Viper. These are neighbors of mine and close friends. I do own 8 sleds tho and they are all Yamaha ;)!

Yes, I had to re-clutch after the can was installed as the stock muffler is very restrictive. Once re-clutched....It didn't matter which can went on that I tested... but yes...you will need to re-clutch a little otherwise you will be hitting the rev limiter a lot.

Now, switching over to a Gates belt did bring my rpm's down. That I found out. So....with that said, anyone putting on a can would probably be ok with changing over to a Gates belt without changing clutching. I have not tried this yet but from my notes, I would predict it to work.

Have never run Gates or Ultimax but which would u recommend? Do you have to change anything besides the belt or is it like changing to 8DN?
Might just squash the exhaust this year if I have to play with clutching among other things.

Have never run Gates or Ultimax but which would u recommend? Do you have to change anything besides the belt or is it like changing to 8DN?
Might just squash the exhaust this year if I have to play with clutching among other things.

Gates belt is the one I would recommend. I am running the Carbon Fiber (40C4340) belt and is the same length equal to the 8DN.

So, if you are already setup for the 8DN, you won't have to change anything. If you are running the 8JP (Stock) you will need to shim up your secondary so your belt deflection is correct.

How does shimming to an 8DN work? I'm riding with sleds that run that belt and it would be great to all be on one belt in the event of an emergency too. I also understand the 8DN calms down the jumpy revs of the Viper motor, correct?

We did this on a buddies viper, bone stock clutching with a d&d barker. With stock clutching it was on the rev limiter like crazy, threw the gates belt on and didn't hit rev limiter at all unless on a hard launch in powder or real loose snow, it did however lose some pep, so proper clutching will certainly help matters, but simply swapping out belts was a big improvement, it gained several mph just by not hitting the rev limiter.

How does shimming to an 8DN work? I'm riding with sleds that run that belt and it would be great to all be on one belt in the event of an emergency too. I also understand the 8DN calms down the jumpy revs of the Viper motor, correct?

I was curious myself last night and found a post on here about just adding another washer but haven't gotten thru the whole thing as its an older post with 40 some pages.....http://www.ty4stroke.com/threads/trying-the-8dn-belt.127054/

Seems a lot of ppl looking for a top end edge for drags or lake rockets but wonder how well 8JP would perform with an exhaust riding mainly off trail. I don't really watch the rpm when playing in the trees and powder.

Now, switching over to a Gates belt did bring my rpm's down. That I found out. So....with that said, anyone putting on a can would probably be ok with changing over to a Gates belt without changing clutching. I have not tried this yet but from my notes, I would predict it to work.[/QUOTE

Did the gates belt reduce the engagement jerking too? Or the 8dn belt?

i think osp sounds the loudest from clips ive heard

Back