• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper vs SC Nytro

Would you rather have a Viper or a Supercharged Nytro?

• Viper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • SC Nytro

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Bpatch50

Expert
So it looks like a new Viper and a Nytro with a factory supercharger are about the same price. It comes down to chassis vs power. I can't decide which one I'd rather have.

5 to 1 for the Viper already, wow that's a surprise to me! Who wouldn't want a SC Nytro, it would be an animal!! You'd be able to laugh at any stock sled out on the trails!!

mjaremko said:
What good is all that power if you cant use it

Stock versus stock the viper would kill it on the trail.

What good is all that handeling if you cant use it

Stock versus stock the nytro would get you home.

Thats the decision I am currently throwing around. I have a Nytro XTX and its ok. I like the price point of the nytro with a super charger. But then I begin to question the reliability of a supercharged anything!

Going to demo a viper on friday, then hopefully I will be more informed :dunno:

jp111 said:
Thats the decision I am currently throwing around. I have a Nytro XTX and its ok. I like the price point of the nytro with a super charger. But then I begin to question the reliability of a supercharged anything!

Going to demo a viper on friday, then hopefully I will be more informed :dunno:

2011 Nytro XTX with a Supercharger on it for $7900 on Ebay.... thats a great deal if u ask me

What are you going to do trail ride or backcountry.....anything is better at both than the nytro.....trail ridding for sure the nytro is hard to ride fast on trails takes a lot of rider input more than any other sled....been on my nytro since 09 ....I can ride my kids 380 fan faster on trails than this and my buddies apex both corner flatter...that's the biggest problem with the nytro.....well my biggest problem anyways.......been on a lot of different sleds this year and its time to move on to something different........

Yes, Yamaha's do have the best quality by far, and the A/C chassis will need more up keep, but the Viper does have a Yamaha drivetrain and that will get you home.

I bought my XTX with the sole intention of turboing it, the only problem was that the chassis couldnt handle the stock horsepower let alone 200hp. Now that my chassis is a world class handeler I can add the turbo and have a fast and consistant trail weapon.

One thing I keep hearing here on the forum over and over about the Viper is that it feels underpowered. That tells me one thing, the chassis is working very well. Thats the same way my XTX feels now that I have a competent chassis, it felt over powererd before the chassis was up to speed.

and dont get me wrong, I love my XTX now that Its equipped with the JRE Kit, but if I was going to buy one or the other today it would be the Viper.

mj

mjaremko said:
One thing I keep hearing here on the forum over and over about the Viper is that it feels underpowered. That tells me one thing, the chassis is working very well. Thats the same way my XTX feels now that I have a competent chassis, it felt over powererd before the chassis was up to speed.

That's actually a very good point. Similar to adding subframe connectors to a unibody mustang...car gets more power to the ground but burn outs 'feel' faster.

"Loose is fast, and on the edge of out of control" - Days of Thunder

Bpatch50 said:
mjaremko said:

That's actually a very good point. Similar to adding subframe connectors to a unibody mustang...car gets more power to the ground but burn outs 'feel' faster.

"Loose is fast, and on the edge of out of control" - Days of Thunder

Nothing stock about a stock car Cole :jump:

I have a 12 Nytro XTX with a mcx 180 turbo with split rail ski's and I can pretty much say it handles very well and will flat out run. Hopefully I can try it out compared to a viper on handling soon and see how it compares.

happy wih my s/c nytro, would stay with what we know and give them a year to work the bugs out and see how the viper holds up?

hey Farm Dog, did you get your sled in Findlay and have the turbo installed there? Was back in their shop a couple weeks ago and the were doing a install on a nytro with split-ski's ? We might almost be neighbors?

Agman 57, yes Findlay did the install. They did a great job getting it all fixed up. Sled runs great. I should of raced my brother on his Apex xtx to compare it but that may have to wait until next year. Checked mileage on last trip and on 2 of the tanks got 17.5-18 mpg. I was more than happy with that. Also have a clutch kit from Ulmer. I live near Marion.

Back