• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper xtx off trail

dwh039 said:
Did anyone get to ride a xtx off trail in the deep stuff?
Also no demo rides over here, but I have had a XF1100 with that exact skid on trail as well as off trail. The off trail performance is not comparable to a proper mountain sled, but it is for sure much better than the FX Nytro XTX. The AC 141" skid is a non-coupled design that is much more off trail oriented than most other crossover skids.

Nytros rule said:
Cat weight on the 800XF was without electric start so add 10 lbs?
Super trax said Yamaha motor is 12 lbs. lighter so 20 or so lbs. difference not that much any more.
I am not sure what Cat does to add so much weight to their Turbos, but I am sure the after market guys don't add half that weight. Same kit gonna fit the Cat as well so Cat may beat it self in the game to.

This quote and suckurs post stating the XF 800 e start is 26lbs. has me having to ask both of you if you are saying the new 4 stroke powered vipercat and the cat 800 2 stroke will weigh close to the same????
please post your math again.

boy, by golly i hope you guys are correct :jump: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :sled1: :jump: :jump: :sled1: :sled1: :jump: :jump:

In another thread YHFLYR said that a Viper XTX with fluids weighed 536 lbs including one gallon of fuel, on a certified Digital scale. So XF 800 at 486 lbs plus 26 lbs for E start =512 lbs, these two sleds should be within about two Super sized Big Mac Combos of each other.
Polaris uses ESTIMATED dry weight, a nice vague term.
Ski Doo for propaganda purposes is dry dry dry, no coolant about 12 to 15 lbs, no oil in chain case, no belt, no battery if required not even all that extra weight of brake fluid.

Back